Missed the session? View the recording here.
Join Eric Holt-Giménez, Executive Director of Food First, for a discussion on the global food system, food movements and the role that race plays in each.
- Eric Holt-Giménez, Executive Director, Food First
- Kolu Zigbi, Program Director for Sustainable Agriculture, Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation
All interested funders
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by March 14.
Can't attend in person? You can watch the discussion via livestream!
In collaboration with
Suggested background reading materials:
- Beyond Voting with your Fork, Josh Viertel (Spring 2012)
- What the Black Panthers can teach the food Movement, Raj Patel (Summer 2012)
- Building the Case for Racial Equity in the Food-System, Center for Social Inclusion (2014)
- Dismantling Racism Through The Food System: Basic Readings, Growing Power
- Structural Racism and Our Food: understanding the problem; identifying solutions, Center for Social Inclusion (a presentation)
Click here if you would like to view additional reading materials.