*This program is hosted by our partner, Funders' Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
The Census Bureau has proposed the addition of a Citizenship Status Question to the 2020 Census and indicated that data will be included in the transfer of census counts to states for the purposes of redistricting. Two state legislatures have already considered bills to require state legislative reapportionment and redistricting be based on citizen totals rather than full population totals. We expect more states to attempt to follow suit.
- How census data is used in congressional, state and local redistricting, and the impact of the U.S. Supreme Court case Evenwel v. Abbott
- How efforts to draw out non-citizens or non-voters undermines one person, one vote, and the foundation of our democracy
- What needs to be done to ensure communities are represented
- Evan Bacalao, Program Officer, Open Society Foundations
- Michael Li, Senior Counsel of Democracy Pogram, Brennan Center for Justice
- Thomas Saenz, President and General Counsel, MALDEF
All interested funders.
Registration is required by August 14th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.