Join us for this important conversation focusing on successful community/school partnerships and the best strategies for implementing these collaborative ventures.
Leaders in the field will discuss how their partnerships were generated and the components needed to form a successful partnership (planning, communication, training/professional development, curriculum, shared measurement/outcomes, etc.). Our panel will explore challenges, as well as the value these partnerships can add to staff and participants. Learn about paths of scaling initiatives to reach a larger network of schools/CBOs and how funders can best support and invest in these partnerships to assure their success.
- The power of school/CBO partnerships in advancing outcomes important to both entities, including good youth development practice
- Best practices in successful school/CBO partnerships that funders can look for
- Potential challenges that funders may be able to address through the way they invest, convene, provide technical assistance, etc.
- Desiree Vazquez Barlatt, Program Officer, The Teagle Foundation
- Chris Caruso, Executive Director, Community Schools at NYC Department of Education
- Jennifer Correa, Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
- Megan McAllister, Program Officer, Altman Foundation
- Toya Williford, Director of Programs and Policy, Mayor’s Fund to Advance NYC
- The STEM Educators Academy (a project of ExpandEd Schools and New York Hall of Science)
- A College Readiness Partnership (a project of CAMBA, Brooklyn College, and the School for Democracy and Leadership)
- BELL’s Summer Learning work with the Community Schools
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by October 5.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of organizers: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In partnership with