You’ve heard of the term healthy food deserts, but did you know that New York City – the health care capital of the world – also has primary care deserts?
- The Caring Neighborhoods Initiative and its expected impact on health care access in underserved neighborhoods in NYC.
- The results of an unpublished survey by NYCEDC-CHCANYS of community health centers in NYC and their unmet needs.
- Opportunities for funders to identify ways that they can help contribute to expansion efforts, particularly with costs that are not funded by current federal grants or local financing.
- Shahriar Khan, Director, Community Health Center Expansion Program, New York City Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
- Dr. Ram Raju, President and CEO, New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC)
- Sarah Samis, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of the First Deputy Mayor
- Elizabeth Swain, President and CEO, Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS)
- Emily Prince (Moderator), Program Officer, Medical and STEM, The Peter and Carmen Lucia Buck Foundation
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by January 5th
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In Collaboration with
Philanthropy New York’s Health Working Group