The National Center for Family Philanthropy limits attendance to private and family foundation staff and trustees only.*
“How much should we spend?” It’s an essential question for all funders, and an especially complex one for endowed private foundations. The answer of “around 5%” was never universal as foundations sought creative means of ensuring that assets would serve mission rather than the other way around. In recent times, the pressure to revisit payout has increased. Endowed foundations have responded with everything from “stay the course with 5%” to “dive in with 20%” and all points in between.
Based on an upcoming strategy guide of the same name, this webinar will help you revisit your foundation’s role as an investment steward. It will introduce the surprisingly wide spectrum of equally valid choices endowed foundations have made in balancing permanence, purpose, and payout. And it will provide ideas for helping your own board or family thoughtfully answer “How much should we spend?”
The Council on Foundations and National Center for Family Philanthropy are co-sponsoring this webinar and the related strategy guide, with special thanks to the other co-signers of the Statement Encouraging Increased Giving in the Time of Crisis.
- Philanthropy's role as an investment steward
- A wide spectrum of choices endowed foundations have made
- Ideas for helping your own board or family discuss payout
The National Center for Family Philanthropy limits attendance to private and family foundation staff and trustees.
- Peter F. Bird, Jr., President, The Frist Foundation
- Tony Macklin, Senior Program Consultant
- Liz Sak, Executive Director, Cricket Island Foundation
- George Suttles, Director of Research, Commonfund Institute
- Nicholas A. Tedesco, President and CEO, National Center for Family Philanthropy
Registration is available until September 1st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In partnership with