Tuesday, April 17, 2012 -
2:45pm to 5:00pm EDT
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Great board members at nonprofit organizations make all the difference, particularly in the midst of difficult times. It’s not always obvious how to be a great board member – or even exactly what the job entails. This session will help define how to help the Board lead with grace and skill. Join us in an interactive program as seasoned board members Chris Park and Kevin Ryan share their experiences and Executive Director and CEO of the Support Center, Don Crocker, delves into best practices. Bring your questions and stories!
- What are the expected roles and responsibilities of board members
- What to know before committing to serve as a board members
- Strategies for handling the biggest challenges board members can be faced with
A Philanthropy New York Of Professional and Personal Interest Program.
- Ronna Brown (Moderator), President, Philanthropy New York
- Don Crocker, Executive Director & CEO, Support Center for Nonprofit Management
- Chris Park, President, New York Life Foundation
- Kevin Ryan, Program Director, New York Foundation
All interested members who are on a nonprofit board or want to be on a board.