The Simons Foundation is a private foundation established in 1994 in New York City by Jim and Marilyn Simons. With an annual grants and programs budget of $300 million, the foundation’s mission is to advance the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences.
The foundation pursues its mission through its grant-making division, comprising programs in Mathematics and Physical Sciences, Life Sciences, Outreach and Education, and autism research, and through its internal research division, the Flatiron Institute.
The foundation is also committed to advancing autism research. Launched in 2005, the Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI) is a research campaign within the Simons Foundation’s overall suite of programs whose mission is to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders by funding innovative research of the greatest quality and relevance.
The Simons Foundation Mathematics and Physical Sciences Division is seeking a Temporary Part-Time Web Producer skilled with WordPress. The web producer will work closely with the MPS web producer and admin team to produce content for the MPS webpages on simonsfoundation.org. This is a 15 hour-per-week, part-time role expected to last 3 months, with potential to extend.
- Produce webpages to present provided content, including video and formatted text.
- Verify accuracy of content and functional aspects of newly produced pages
- Find and prepare images for online use, including securing permissions.
- Select art and other graphics consistent with house style
- Organize and upload videos and PDFs to cloud servers (Vimeo and AWS)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least two to three years of experience using WordPress to build or maintain websites
- Highly functional, if not fluent, with Adobe Creative Suite products, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
RELATED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Deep interest in science and a good familiarity with scientific concepts are strong pluses.
- Strong command of English and solid proofreading skills
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to take ownership of work product
- Excellent organizational skills with and ability to prioritize work, manage time and balance workload under deadlines and with multiple projects.
- The ability to anticipate and initiate communications with stakeholders to keep them informed
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a résumé and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
The Simons Foundation’s Diversity Commitment
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.