The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking an experienced Team Coordinator to join the US Jobs & Economic Opportunity Initiative.
Reporting to the Managing Director - US Jobs, the Team Coordinator will provide direct operational and administrative support to two Directors and members of the US Jobs team. The successful candidate must have significant experience managing administrative duties for a senior executive’s while juggling multiple tasks. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the highest discretion and diplomacy, integrity, excellent judgment, and respect in his or her relationships with colleagues and have excellent skills in communication and collaboration, as well as a high degree of detail orientation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complex calendars for the Directors and team, including scheduling and confirming meetings, reserving meeting rooms, organizing materials, identify key deadlines /milestones in team plans and flag for follow-up as necessary.
- Provide critical administrative support, including prioritizing incoming correspondence, attending meetings and taking notes, and tracking items requiring responses.
- Research and prepare background materials for critical meetings.
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel itineraries and travel visas if required.
- Manage logistics for various projects and special events.
- Screen incoming calls and email correspondence, direct to appropriate team members and draft follow up correspondence.
- Track business expenses, process expense reports.
- Coordinate administrative aspects of consultant contracts and gather background information for grant memos from various databases.
- May be responsible for entering data into CRM and/or ATLAS.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate degree or relevant coursework required.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience with complex administrative and/or operational experience, and demonstrated commitment to administrative support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a patient, diplomatic disposition in interacting with senior management, co-workers and external partners.
- Experience in providing logistical support for travel, events and meetings.
- Experience supporting multiple managers and providing support to a larger team.
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and analytical skills.
- High level of self-motivation and ease working independently.
- Proactive in setting priorities in a fast-moving environment and on a wide range of tasks and projects.
- Aptitude to work with flexibility, creative thinking, non-traditional approaches, entrepreneurship, and diplomacy, both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, sensitivity to cultural communication differences, and ability to interact with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in designing and improving administrative support systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude or proficiency with the office technology such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and a willingness to learn new proprietary software systems.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Team Player: Strong social skills and willingness to work together with a small team and provide back up for all; adaptable and flexible.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal abilities; excellent listening, writing, and verbal skills; assertiveness in presenting ideas while also possessing the ability to be discrete.
- Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities; uses analytical and problem-solving skills; takes initiative and drives for results; able to prioritize.
- Execution: Strong project management skills; meets deadlines; sense of urgency and responsibility; ability to multi-task and work under pressure; detail oriented.
- Integration: Accesses functional and substantive expertise organizationally; demonstrates inclusiveness, collaboration.
- Leadership: Thinks innovatively and creatively; displays negotiation skills; demonstrates accountability and good judgement.
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Professional representation of the Foundation as an internal and external ambassador; intercultural knowledge and appreciation; strong interpersonal competencies and ability to build strategic partnerships.
- Strategic Ability: Anticipates future opportunities and consequences; demonstrates innovative approach to work; ability to organize chaos into coherent plan.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces. The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.