The John A. Hartford Foundation, Inc.
55 East 59th Street – 16th floor
New York, NY 10022
Start Date: January 4, 2022 End Date: May 13, 2022
Salary: $17 per hour Work Hours: ~35-40 hours per week (flexible based on school enrollment) / minimum of 20 hours
Background: The John A. Hartford Foundation, based in New York City, is a private, nonpartisan, national philanthropy dedicated to improving the care of older adults.
Since 1982, The John A. Hartford Foundation has awarded more than $625 million in grants to enhance the health and well-being of older people. For more than three decades, the organization has been the leader in building a field of experts in aging and practice innovations that transform how the care of older adults is delivered. The Foundation has three priority areas: creating age-friendly health systems, supporting family caregivers, and improving serious illness and end-of-life care. Working with its grantees, the Foundation strives to change the status quo and create a society where older adults can continue their vital contributions.
Position Details: Selected candidates will support the President, the Communications team and other Foundation staff with various projects that advance the mission of improving care for older adults. This will require interns to conduct research and produce writing related to the fields of geriatrics and gerontology and support administrative and communications projects related to the day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
Position Requirements/Preferred Skills:
- Current enrollment in a related graduate level degree program (MPH, MPA, MSW, MHA, etc.)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Adaptability to new opportunities and projects
- Interest in philanthropy, health care, communications and/or aging
- Ability to collaborate with others, work independently, and manage time effectively
- Must arrange own housing within New York City or local area
Terry Fulmer, President
How Do I Get Started?
To apply please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An updated resume
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for The John A. Hartford Foundation
Due to the anticipated volume of applications further contact by applicants is not allowed. Please no phone calls.