About Robin Hood
Robin Hood is New York City’s largest poverty-fighting organization. In addition to funding 200+ of the most effective nonprofits serving New Yorkers experiencing poverty, we amplify financial support with a range of management assistance.
Building on more than 30+ years of experience, Robin Hood is expanding our impact with an explicit focus on lifting families sustainably and measurably out of poverty through influencing policy, raising our thought leadership profile, importing and exporting effective ideas and strategies nationally, and building new collaborations with strategic partners.
The Senior Manager, Digital Communications is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing management of Robin Hood’s digital media strategies campaigns and platforms including our website, social media, blogs, mass email and other digital communications. The Senior Manager will produce new digital content and media, institute a new content management system and manage our website relaunch, currently planned for early 2022. They will work cross-functionally with peers to evolve the way we share information, communicate impact and use creative storytelling to engage our stakeholder audiences and raise Robin Hood’s profile as a thought leader and change agent.
The Senior Manager will serve a critical role in message development, translating research, data and narratives into digital formats, campaigns, assets and visualizations that help donors, policymakers, and the public understand the complexities of poverty. They will support and contribute to culturally diverse and inclusive communications and will seek to forge partnerships with aligned organizations in philanthropy and the nonprofit sector to broaden our footprint and impact on digital platforms. A particular point of focus for the organization is deepening understanding of the systemic underpinnings of poverty, especially related to race.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an integrated strategic communications plan for digital platforms at Robin Hood, including, content creation, message development, digital, web and social media, policy communications, and donor-facing messaging.
- Lead, design and produce public facing materials including website pages, live page events and features, social media content, blogs, podcasts and other communications and marketing materials.
- Responsible for Robin Hood’s digital and social media presence and brand, including our public facing website, our Medium Blog, and other social media content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Publish using content management systems (WordPress, Adobe AEM, Drupal, ePublish, Adobe Campaign, Abode Analytics, and Adobe Premiere, among others.)
- Package digital media assets for campaigns, including, content, appropriate visuals, handles and hashtags.
- Coordinate the strategy and production of visual assets.
- Help conceptualize, write scripts, and create multimedia content (GIFs, interactive data visualizations, slideshows, infographics, videos, photoshop, social media postcards, etc.)
- Manage and analyze metrics Hootsuite, Adobe Analytics, Google, and Twitter Analytics. Experience with use of dashboards is essential.
- Ensure that web content is optimized for search engines and complies with the highest technical and editorial standards.
- Monitor industry trends and tools for web design, social media, audience engagement and other technology to improve communications.
- Manage consultants and vendors.
- Grow and expand audiences on all social media platforms and extend the reach of audiences through utilization of our website.
- Identify opportunities to provide expertise and policy analysis and foster stronger, evidence-based conversations around elevating people from poverty and increasing economic mobility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Senior Manager, Digital Communications will report to the Managing Director, Communications and will manage the Associate Manager, Digital Communications.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience taking digital campaigns on social media platforms and the web from concept to execution. Experience in philanthropy, a nonprofit, government, a political campaign, or brand management is most desirable.
- At least 3 to 4 years of managerial experience in the digital communications space and a track record of inspiring colleagues and direct reports to explore, grow, and excel beyond expectations.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms and demonstrated ability to apply creative ideas for how to engage/interact and grow our following on social media platforms is imperative.
- Track record of managing digital campaigns, especially those with “calls to action.” Experience managing political campaigns, donor-facing campaigns and events, and policy/advocacy communications is desirable.
- Experience with market segmentation and targeting audiences on digital platforms as well as mass email communications.
- Extensive experience using social media publishing tools, such as Hootsuite and experience using social media listening tools such as Talkwalker, as well as experience with web and social analytics to help the organization evaluate effectiveness and impact.
- Extensive experience using multiple Web Content Management Systems to publish digital content.
- Experience with MailChimp and other email management tools.
- Excellent copyediting and writing skills.
- Dynamic, resourceful, and energetic problem solver.
- High level of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; must be able to work both independently and with a team.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, able to anticipate needs and adapt to shifting in priorities.
- Nimble and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Able to confidently communicate a strategy and to get leadership and colleagues excited about targeted use of digital media platforms.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and/or economic change. Must be passionate about elevating people from poverty in New York City. Familiarity with New York City and its underserved communities is desirable but not required.
Robin Hood Guiding Principles
As an organization committed to economic mobility, our work is grounded in the following Guiding Principles:
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proximity and humanity
- Risk-taking and innovation
Our professional community reflects myriad demographic characteristics, perspectives, and backgrounds, which includes various identities that reflect diversity in gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability, and socioeconomic status. Our colleagues have access to opportunity and advancement, as we promote fair and equitable treatment and have encouraged participation by underrepresented groups. As a team, we promote a sense of belonging, high levels of engagement, and shared respect.
- Robin Hood puts people first. Always.
- Robin Hood is unafraid to take action and create solutions.
- Robin Hood is data driven and heart led.
- Robin Hood works the coat check.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Robin Hood has excellent benefits and encourages strong work-life balance.
Please visit our website to complete our online application.
Robin Hood is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.