Who We Are
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-driven consulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People join the TCC team to make an impact; are engaged, driven, and inspired by the work we do.
We are currently seeking a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the philanthropic/nonprofit sector to join TCC Group as a Senior Consultant, Nonprofit Effectiveness.
The Nonprofit Effectiveness team strengthens nonprofits’ ability to achieve their missions, through organizational strengthening and strategy services – individually and in peer learning cohorts or communities. The team works directly with nonprofits, as well as their funders, building their capacity to collaboratively accomplish mutually held goals, and achieve maximum community and societal impact.
In this role, the Senior Consultant, Nonprofit Effectiveness will provide highly skilled consulting services in strategic planning and organizational strengthening to nonprofits and funders. This includes leading client engagements, generating business for the firm, and strengthening the Nonprofit Effectiveness team.
TCC Group has offices in New York and Philadelphia; we will consider qualified candidates in other US locations who are comfortable with regular trips to New York and national travel.
Note: TCC requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and will require proof of vaccination.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Leadership (35%)
- Leading multiple complex client engagements at once and assuming ownership for successful project execution.
- Planning and facilitating meetings with boards, staffs, and other stakeholders; serving as lead facilitator.
- Preparing and making presentations to clients and leading effective meetings and retreats.
- Ensuring the quality of client relations, including meetings, telephone, and email communication.
- Developing and monitoring project work plans and budgets.
Data Collection (30%)
- Overseeing the design of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools.
- Conducting interviews and focus groups with client stakeholders to understand key themes, opportunities, and challenges facing clients.
- Synthesizing and analyzing notes from interviews and focus groups, identifying key takeaways, and communicating findings to team members; guide team in identifying themes across data collection.
- Writing and editing client reports.
Business Development (15%)
- Bringing business to the firm by identifying prospective clients, overseeing proposal development, leading sales meetings, and "closing the deal."
- Representing the firm by speaking and serving on panels at conferences and meetings and conducting webinars.
- Bringing positive attention to the firm by serving as a "thought leader" in the field by publishing papers, articles, blogs, and books and disseminating knowledge.
Team Leadership (20%)
- Supervising the project work of Consultants, Associate Consultants, Analysts, and Affiliates.
- Supervising, training, and mentoring one or more Consultants, Associate Consultants, Analysts, and/or Administrative Assistants.
- Strengthening the Nonprofit Effectiveness team development and ensuring smooth operations.
- Master’s or advanced degree in relevant field OR comparable professional experience
- A minimum of 10 years professional social sector experience, ideally in the nonprofit or philanthropic sector.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory role – delegating work appropriately, managing and mentoring a team.
- Deep experience in strategic planning and program strategy for nonprofit organizations, associations, and networks.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational capacity-building and evaluation.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, strategic thinking, and a strong desire and capacity for diversity in professional challenges.
- Facilitation: Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; experience developing and presenting workshops or other training sessions for internal and external audiences.
- Project Management: Experience developing work plans and/or tracking systems, monitoring work progress, and producing deliverables on time.
- Strong Verbal and Written communication: Expertise in conveying complex and often sensitive information in clear and lucid written reports, memos, and PowerPoint presentations; and to interface with clients clearly, respectfully, and straightforwardly in dynamic situations.
- Collaboration: Confident and comfortable working with diverse colleagues and colleagues in a team setting. Proactive and able to give and take direction, as well as provide feedback to/from team members. Able to straightforwardly and candidly problem-solve to ensure success.
- Relationship Building: Expertly forms connections and interfaces effectively with clients and in-house staff across all levels. Congenial, collaborative, and committed to strengthening a respectful workplace within TCC and with client partners. Sense of humor a plus!
- Prioritization and Organizational skills: Ability to stay organized while manage multiple projects and priorities, with strong attention to detail; and are stimulated by working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Technological knowledge: Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other software and tools such as Slack and Dropbox.
- Commitment to firm mission-driven values: You care deeply about creating a better world by strengthening nonprofits and foundations; as well as a commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and progressive social change.
- Willingness and ability to travel for business.
- Experience working in and/or knowledge key area(s) of the social sector e.g., children and youth, community development, the arts.
- A professional network in the social sector.
- Advanced technological knowledge.
TCC Group offers a competitive and equitable total compensation package. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, disability, life insurance, a generous paid time off, and more. The salary range for this position is $100,000 to $120,000, commensurate with experience.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.