Position Title: Senior Associate, Sponsored Projects & Funds
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 80 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Whom We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic, self-starter that has passion for RPA’s mission and values, and a commitment to excellence. The individual must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and command a strong attention to detail. This person must be curious, committed to exceptional client service and enjoy problem solving, and have an appreciation for the work of non-profit organizations. The qualified candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Senior Associate serves as support for assigned sponsored projects and has responsibility for assisting the other SP&F team members with project management, contracts, payments, and Grants Management. The incumbent will also collaborate with internal support services (HR, Finance, and Operations) to ensure timeliness and accuracy of services for projects. The Senior Associate also provides administrative support to the SP&F Team, as assigned.
The responsibilities include:
- Participate in supporting the SP&F team’s portfolio of Sponsored Projects, as assigned
- Draft and manage execution of independent contractor and vendor agreements and/or contracts, as assigned
- Review and process approved payment requests for assigned Sponsored Projects
- Support grantmaking activities as needed, including grant agreements, facilitating grant payments and reporting
- Serve as a point of contact to the staff of Sponsored Projects for inquiries, requests or issues related to project support services
- Participate in (and/or lead as applicable) regular operations check-in calls with the staff of Sponsored Projects, as assigned
- Participate in the on-boarding of new Sponsored Projects, including collaborating with RPA internal partners to manage expectations for success
- Work cooperatively and support team members, as needed
- Provide administrative support to the SP&F Team, as assigned by the manager
- Serve on and support teams/committees for internal RPA-wide initiatives that further RPA’s mission
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience
- An understanding of the nonprofit sector
- Demonstrated writing and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of Office Suite
- Computer proficiency, particularly database management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information
- Ability to multi-task and balance the workload demands of multiple clients and staff members
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Comfortable engaging with client staff at all levels
- Familiarity with nonprofit sector, including fiscal sponsorship and grantmaking organizations (Helpful)
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
All applications must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here by April 16, 2021.
No telephone calls please.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.