Do you like to help people and organizations streamline their internal operations and make better use of online communications tools and technologies to advance their work? Are you adept at bridging the “techie” and “non-techie” worlds? Do you want to work at a place where you are making a positive difference in the world? Then join the United Philanthropy Forum team!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Knowledge Services (Supervisor), the Senior Associate of Knowledge Services (Senior Associate) will work to support the Forum’s Knowledge Management (KM) Collaborative, which is powered by a collective technology platform that is currently utilized by 32 of the Forum’s members (our KM Partners)—and growing! The unique state-of-the-art platform offers our members a Salesforce-based constituent relationship management (CRM) solution that is integrated with a Drupal-based website content management system (CMS) for a fraction of what it would cost to develop an analogous offering independently. The Senior Associate will onboard new organizations to our system, create system documentation and support all members of the collaborative to effectively use the platform.
The Senior Associate will contribute as an active member of cross-organization teams and work collaboratively with other staff to advance program and organizational goals.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The Forum’s office is located in Washington, DC and local candidates are preferred. However, qualified remote candidates will also be considered. Salary range is low $60,000s commensurate with experience, offering a competitive benefits package including health coverage and a retirement plan.
About the Forum
As the largest and most diverse network in American philanthropy, United Philanthropy Forum holds a unique position in the social sector to help increase philanthropy’s impact in communities across the country. We are a membership organization of 80 philanthropy-serving organizations (PSOs), representing 7,000 foundations and other funders, who work to make philanthropy better. The Forum envisions a courageous philanthropic sector that catalyzes a just and equitable society where all can participate and prosper.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please use the following subject line: “Senior Associate of Knowledge Services: Last Name, First Name.” Applications are due by December 6. Expected start date is January 2020. The Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse team and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds. No telephone inquiries please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Platform onboarding and technical support
- Provide first-level system partner support via phone, Slack, email and project management application.
- Monitor all Slack channels, tasks and tickets to ensure that no query remains unanswered.
- Support onboarding efforts and documentation for new KM Partner staff.
- Test new Drupal distribution releases and Salesforce package updates.
- Draft testing scenarios to facilitate individual testing efforts for each participating PSO.
- Ensure completeness of release notes of Drupal distribution releases and Salesforce package updates.
- Slackbot development for support queries.
- Work with Forum staff and system partners on building Google Analytics reports.
- Work with Supervisor on conducting periodic training sessions for system partners.
- Assist Supervisor with Managed Services contracts and related assignments.
- Manage Documentation Committee of volunteers.
- Assess and document technical requirements for custom development projects.
- Draft monthly how-to tips and best practices for system administrators.
- Work with the Committee to document system architecture and enhancements, and develop training manuals including step-by-step video tutorials.
- Identify documentation gaps and coordinate with the Documentation Committee on priority areas.
- Routinely gather, draft, and maintain timely documentation of all standard and custom features.
- Send periodic communications on relevant Slack channels and listservs about key platform features.
- Take accurate meeting notes and review/finalize collaborative notes on various weekly meetings.
- Assist with developing the agenda and tracking issues tracking for various project calls.
- Identify, draft and maintain a running list of key updates for different audiences (KM Partners, KM CEOs, Forum’s Board, etc.) to ensure that everyone stays informed about the work, issues, and main decision points in the KM Collaborative.
- Assist with preparing presentation materials such as slides and talking points.
- Be in regular contact with all system partners to ensure we are meeting the needs of each organization.
- Assist with reviewing and migrating relevant resources from Basecamp to the KM webpage of the Forum’s website.
- Monitor KM webpage to make sure it includes up-to-date information/documentation.
- Support planning, preparation and presentation efforts related to the Forum’s Annual Conference and KM Users Group.
- Assist with an ongoing annual evaluation of the collaborative (surveys, interviews, etc.).
- Keep up with recent developments in Drupal and Salesforce communities.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new technologies Demonstrated proficiency in HTML and image/video editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to create effective written, verbal, and web content for internal and external audiences across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality customer service and meeting clients’ needs.
- Strong organization skills: ability to set priorities, develop schedules, and monitor progress toward goals.
- Team player, with the ability to work flexibly with many different leadership and working styles.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and manage time for optimal productivity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the Forum’s mission.
- Certification in Salesforce Administration.
- Experience with Salesforce, Drupal or other CRM/CMS.
- Experience with Mailchimp/Mandrill, Cazoomi, Pardot and/or other email platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or other relevant applications preferred.
- Work experience in, and/or knowledge of nonprofit, membership association, and/or philanthropy sector is preferred but not required.