Position Title: Senior Associate, Advisory
Location: San Francisco
Application deadline: June 30, 2021
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 80 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Whom We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic self-starter who has passion for RPA’s mission and a commitment to excellence. The individual must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and command a strong attention to detail. This person must be curious and committed to exceptional client service, enjoy problem solving, and have an appreciation for the work of non-profit organizations. Candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Sr. Associate has overall responsibility for actively assisting the senior staff with research, presentations, program implementation and the development and administration of selected grantmaking services. Responsibilities include:
- Conduct research and analysis on issues, grantmaking strategies, and organizations
- Serve as program support to clients as assigned; respond to inquiries from clients and grantees
- Participate in the development and/or review of proposals for new client engagements
- Perform due diligence and grants processing for assigned Advisory clients
- Maintain records, proposals, contracts, and deliverables for engagements as assigned
- Collaborate with Advisory team to prepare presentations, reports, memos and dockets
- Provide administrative support to the New York or San Francisco Advisory Team as necessary and assigned
- Serves as the “on-site” office manager. This includes managing equipment and supplies, coordinating schedules, and serving as the liaison between RPA and assigned vendors.
- Support business development activities as appropriate and assigned
- Represent RPA or its clients as needed in professional settings, as assigned
- Participate and support RPA-wide initiatives that further RPA’s mission
Education: B.S./B.A. required, graduate work or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: At least 3 years’ work experience in nonprofit sector, preferably in a grantmaking entity.
- Demonstrated written, verbal and analytical skills; background in research methods
- Familiarity with non-profit sector or grantmaking practices
- Computer proficiency, particularly Office suite and database management
- Commitment to accuracy and high level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize work.
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Experience with project management helpful
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications will be reviewed as received. In order to be considered, all applications must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here by June 30, 2021.
No telephone calls please.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.