The William T. Grant Foundation seeks a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Foundation is a national funder of high-quality research on children and youth in the United States. Our current focus areas are: 1) programs, policies, and practices that reduce inequality in youth outcomes; and 2) strategies to improve the use of research evidence in policies and practices that affect youth. Our funding spans various social science disciplines and across child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health, employment, youth programs, and education.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant has a basic understanding of all the Foundation’s activities and, as the first point of contact for our guests, is responsible for ensuring that these external contacts are directed appropriately. The position is a member of the Finance and Administration department and provides a broad range of administrative and database support as needed. The position normally is staffed in the office from 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant reports to the Coordinator, Human Resources and Administration. This is a nonexempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience in addition to a highly competitive benefits package.
- Welcome and direct all incoming telephone calls, visitors, mail, deliveries, and infobox inquiries.
- Provide basic information regarding the Foundation, including a general description of funding interests.
- Provide basic guidance to users of the Foundation’s online grants management system.
- Arrange conference calls as needed and manage our audio/visual equipment and conference call system.
- Provide voice recording for the Foundation’s off-hour telephone announcements.
- Maintain and update the office calendar of the Foundation’s in-house meetings.
- Support hosted meetings with, setup, refreshments, cleanup, audio/visual equipment, and similar.
- Maintain relationships with supply vendors and other service personnel.
- Keep the reception area orderly and prepare the office each morning via such duties as forwarding general voicemails, setting out newspapers, receiving deliveries.
- Liaise with building management and vendors to resolve facilities and maintenance issues.
- Order routine office and kitchen supplies and refreshments; stock supply areas and maintain inventory.
- Maintain emergency equipment, including first aid kits, emergency radio, AED machine, fire extinguishers, and personal protective equipment.
- Schedule staff meetings, gatherings, and other staff events.
- Help ensure that the office is presentable and appropriate for usage by staff and guests.
Other Finance and Administration Duties
- Manage internal posting of routine outgoing mail and packages; maintain supply of stamps.
- Manage office record retention, including archives, offsite storage, and document shredding service.
- Create and monitor budget for select accounts.
- Support invoice payment mailings.
- Track incoming checks and route them to appropriate staff.
- Coordinate movie pass program; prepare weekly sales reports.
- Maintain and update Outlook contact lists.
- Assist in preparation of travel expense reports.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist with other Foundation-wide tasks as needed.
- Computer literacy is required. The Foundation uses Microsoft Office and other collaborative software.
- Experience in an office or customer service environment preferred.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance a wide range of individual and team responsibilities.
- Required traits include maturity, a pleasant and professional image, exceptional communication skills, organizational skills, sound judgment, and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and work on other assigned projects as needed.
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. In the subject line, name the job for which you are applying and indicate where you saw this announcement. We are reviewing materials on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled. The William T. Grant Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
About the William T. Grant Foundation
The William T. Grant Foundation supports research to improve the lives of young people ages 5-25 in the United States. The Foundation’s focus areas are reducing inequality in youth outcomes and improving the use of research evidence in ways that benefit young people. Its grantmaking centers on high-quality empirical research that has the potential to advance theory, build evidence, and inform policy and practice. The Foundation’s assets were valued over $400 million as of June 30, 2021. Our annual budget is in excess of $19 million. The Foundation is based in New York City and has a full-time staff of 19.
Note: The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position currently works a hybrid in-office schedule; however, when we reopen our offices, all staff members are required to work daily in our New York City office.
Learn more by visiting www.wtgrantfoundation.org or following the Foundation on Twitter: @wtgrantfdn.