The Simons Foundation is seeking a receptionist to provide support at the foundation’s Flatiron Institute division. The receptionist will perform a wide range of administrative tasks, including maintaining the reception waiting area, sorting office mail, and ordering office supplies. The receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for visitors and guests and will be responsible for accurately screening and routing callers to the appropriate contact. This role will provide support to the office operations department.
- Answer the foundation’s main telephone line; respond to inquiries and direct calls to staff members.
- Coordinate daily guest list.
- Monitor and screen all persons entering the foundation reception area, and alert security staff of any unexpected guests.
- Greet expected guests and inform employees of guests’ arrival, ensure that guests are comfortable while they wait to be received.
- Maintain and update staff directory, coordinating with all foundation locations as necessary.
- Tidy and maintain the lobby reception area.
- Coordinate conference room reservations for staff as needed.
- Sort inbound mail and accept deliveries; process mail using the foundation’s inbound receiving and tracking software.
- Prepare outbound express courier packages and coordinate interoffice mail deliveries.
- Ensure office supply rooms and restrooms are properly stocked.
- Assist in the maintenance of copiers and other office equipment, order consumables, and placing service calls as needed.
- Prepare expense reports using Concur Expense for review and approval when necessary.
- Assist the office operations team with various administrative duties, such as document management using FileMaker Pro, printing, copying, mailing, and meet coordination.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with all staff members.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 2-5 years of experience in a relevant role or similar position
- Experience working with a nonprofit is a plus but not necessary
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Punctual and exceptionally reliable.
- Excellent prioritization and time-management skills.
- Ability to handle pressure effectively and manage multiple tasks/priorities.
- Professional personal presentation - position requires strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail.
- Solution focused and able to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Proficiency with Concur Expense, FileMaker Pro, Condeco Meeting Room Manager, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a résumé and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.