Position Title: Project Manager, Business Systems, Grants and Knowledge Management
Location: New York
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 90 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Whom We Seek
We seek an organized, service-oriented self-starter to join the Business Systems team at RPA. This person should perform well under pressure, adhere to deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The qualified candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with one or more teams to organize the various components needed to initiate, run, and complete major organization-wide initiatives, including but not limited to Grants and Knowledge Management, IT, training, and as appropriate, with HR. This role creates project plans, coordinates implementation and execution of those plans, monitors their progress, and reports on and evaluates outcomes.
The responsibilities include:
- Create long- and short-term plans, including identifying milestones, collaborating with key partners, and developing and sharing project schedules and/or timetables; delegate tasks on the project to colleagues best positioned to complete them
- Develop and manage RFP’s for systems and technology providers
- Organize and coordinate schedules and activities; schedule all internal meetings and take meeting notes
- Prepare, process, and track project-related purchases, reimbursements, expense reports, and related invoice payments
- Monitor team progress and needs closely to keep the project on track and on schedule; adjust schedules and targets as needs change; perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Generate status/progress reports for ongoing and pending projects; create and update any internally required project documents
- Utilize change management best practices, including communicating in advance of change, keeping necessary parties advised of changes, and reiterating communication on changes in multiple ways
- Serve as a point of contact for projects, responding to routine correspondences and referring non-routine items to the appropriate party
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to the project to the VP of Business Systems
- Assist leadership in developing tools and metrics to evaluate performance of target initiatives
- Develop, recommend, and educate colleagues on Project Management best practices, tools, and technologies
- Assist in developing materials and presentations for training and educational sessions, departmental meetings, and other activities, as needed
- BA/BS College degree required
- Minimum 3 years as a project manager, with emphasis on systems implementations
- PMP certification, highly preferred
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills. Deep understanding of stakeholder engagement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with online meeting software
- Expert knowledge of MS Project/Smartsheet or similar project management tools
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience managing and motivating internal teams
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of accountability
- Proactive; anticipating needs and/or preventing mistakes or omissions; identifies opportunities and solutions to be helpful without being prompted
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time and stay focused under pressure
- Familiarity with non-profit or philanthropic practices preferred
- Must be willing to travel for client work as needed
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications will be reviewed as received. In order to be considered, all applications must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here.The position will remain open until filled.
No telephone calls please.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.