The John P. & Anne Welsh McNulty Foundation seeks a Programs Intern to support the coordination and implementation of programs, outreach, special events and projects. This is a paid position based in Brooklyn, NY with flexible in-person and remote work (including transportation stipend).
The McNulty Foundation is a private family foundation established in 1985. Through its signature program, the McNulty Prize, and other grant programs focused on leadership development, the foundation inspires, develops and drives leaders to solve the most critical challenges of our time. Learn more at www.mcnultyfound.org.
As an intern, you will play a critical role by supporting both immediate and long-term projects, reporting directly to the Program Director and collaborating with the Executive Director, Program Assistant, and core Foundation team. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in a fast-paced environment dedicated to social impact, gain exposure to the philanthropic sector, and contribute to an organization going through a period of growth and expansion.
- support the execution of foundation programs and grants, from systems management, tracking and coordination, to research, writing and due diligence;
- assist with planning and strategy to identify, coordinate and execute on media and platform opportunities that spotlight McNulty Prize Winners, the Foundation, and other grantees;
- conduct research and outreach to media outlets, conferences, platforms and other relevant opportunities; build and maintain media distribution and outreach lists;
- monitor and compile press coverage on a weekly basis and share key stories with staff;
- support ongoing research projects related to Foundation programs and grant-making areas, including leadership development, civic participation, climate action, and gender equity
- support the coordination, planning and smooth implementation of special events, including logistics, vendor management, development of materials, research and writing
- serve as on-site or remote support for panels, seminars, receptions or other events.
- support systems management and implementation of best practices;
- provide general administrative and operational support, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent logistical, organizational, and project management skills, and careful attention to detail
- The ability to operate efficiently, multitask, manage deadlines and work independently
- The ability to work with and respect people of different cultures and viewpoints
- Passion for making a difference; a growth mindset, can-do attitude, versatility, and openness to engaging in a spectrum of work
- A collaborative, independent, curious, and flexible temperament as well as good humor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications