Wellspring Philanthropic Fund (WPF) is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. Their work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being.
WPF’s priority is to promote the realization of human rights and access to economic and social justice – including racial, gender, and economic. WPF is focused on expanding the voices, dignity, and interests of the most vulnerable communities, including women, children, people living in poverty, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQI people, and those affected by armed conflict and mass atrocities.
Wellspring seeks a Program Officer with a strong customer service mentality to join the Donor Philanthropic Initiatives & Executive Giving department. The Officer will report to the Director and will offer high-quality, responsive support to the philanthropic interests of Wellspring’s donors, and to the Office of the President, helping to manage a broad and evolving set of philanthropic portfolios. The Officer is a generalist position, which calls on a breadth of knowledge in philanthropy, social justice, and human rights, rather than depth in one content area. Most important is a client-focused mentality and an understanding of effective philanthropy. Specific qualifications include:
- 7-10 years of experience working in philanthropy and grantmaking.
- 5+ years of experience supporting individual philanthropists or high-net-worth donors is a must.
- Service-oriented with a strong commitment to client service and support; ability to assess, anticipate, and meet the donors’ goals and preferences.
- Ability to implement strategic plans or initiatives that engage a range of philanthropic perspectives.
- General knowledge of social justice issues in the U.S. required. International experience preferred.
- Previous experience overseeing leadership development initiatives, such as fellowships, a plus.
- Ability to manage complex processes at a fast-paced environment, and creatively problem solve.
- Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle –and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Wellspring Philanthropic Fund.