2020 Global Volunteer Month
Program Coordinator (Temporary)
Morgan Stanley Community Affairs is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Project Coordinator for the Firm's volunteering campaign and assist with additional efforts of the Community Affairs team.
The program coordinator will work as a part of the Global Volunteer Month team and work closely with Morgan Stanley Community Affairs staff to execute the Firm’s Global Volunteer Month campaign. The project coordinator will liaise with Morgan Stanley employees as well as the staff of Morgan Stanley’s nonprofit community partners.
This is a full time, temporary position beginning in March 2020 and ending on July 31, 2020. The program coordinator will be dedicated to scoping, planning and managing volunteer projects nationally as well as reporting and communications. The Program Coordinator will work out of Morgan Stanley’s headquarters in New York City.
- Identify and coordinate volunteer projects with nonprofit partners for employees nationally
- Assist employees in the firm’s volunteer website by posting projects, conducting trainings and logging employee volunteer hours
- Manage logistics for on-site and off-site volunteer projects; requires light lifting of boxes and materials (5-15 lbs) and occasional evening hours during June
- Manage on-site projects logistics with facilities, supplies, security, employees, and nonprofits
- Assist with volunteer project execution including volunteer check-in, bus duty, logging hours, and tshirt distribution.
- Run weekly and ad hoc excel pivot reports on campaign
- Answer Community Affairs hotline and respond to e-mail inquiries from employees and nonprofits
- Assist with ad hoc general campaign support and overall Community Affairs program support
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and personal qualities:
- Proactive self-starter and team player with excellent project management and analytical skills
- Experience coordinating and executing numerous volunteer programs and/or projects simultaneously
- Strong planning, administrative and organizational skills; proven ability to multi-task and attention to detail a must
- Interest and experience in data management and analysis a plus
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to work across various corporate, nonprofit and public audiences
- Flexibility and ability to deal with changing priorities, manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- BA in related field and 3-5 years of work experience; related program experience a strong plus
- Sense of humor, humility and desire to learn are crucial
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.