Position Title: Program Coordinator, Sponsored Projects and Funds
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 80 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Whom We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic, service-oriented, self-starter professional with a commitment to excellence to join our Sponsored Projects and Funds team. The individual must have a strong nonprofit background with an exceptional project management, client service orientation, and ability to be a strong team participant. The candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Program Coordinator will have a portfolio of assigned fiscal sponsorship projects. Working as a co- lead with an Advisor, the incumbent has the responsibility for developing and maintaining strategic partnerships for each assigned fiscal sponsorship relationship. The Program Coordinator serves as a key contact for assigned client relationships involving frequent interaction with clients and active coordination of strategies to ensure timeliness and efficiency of services across platforms, and overall client satisfaction. The responsibilities include:
- Support a portfolio of Sponsored Projects under RPA’s fiscal sponsorship, including the requirements of project staff, and manage some projects that do not require staffing
- Respond to projects’ operational needs, ensuring all transactions are completed effectively, and oversee enforcement of policies and procedures
- Work with Advisors to manage relationships with staff and key stakeholders of assigned projects
- Schedule and participate in regular operations check-in calls with the staff of assigned projects, with or without the Advisor, depending on topics covered
- Manage the review and execution of independent contractor and vendor agreements and/or contracts for assigned projects
- Support grantmaking activities as needed, including grant agreements, facilitating grant payments and reporting
- Participate in the on-boarding of new Sponsored Projects, including collaborating with RPA internal partners to manage expectations for success
- Review and process approved payment requests for assigned projects
- Monitor and respond to projects’ inquiries, requests or issues related to support services (Finance, HR, and Operations), leading in specific areas as determined project-by-project with the Advisors
- Work cooperatively and support other team members, as needed
- Serve on and support teams/committees for internal RPA-wide initiatives that further RPA’s mission
- BA and advanced degree or equivalent experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong project management and operational skills
- Financial management acumen
- Ability to multi-task and balance the workload of multiple projects and clients
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills; good judgment and ability to function independently
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects
- Ability to handle a large and diverse client portfolio
- Comfortable engaging with client and staff at all levels
- Familiarity with nonprofit sector, including fiscal sponsorship and grantmaking organizations (Preferred)
- Computer proficiency, particularly working knowledge of Office Suite; familiarity with NetSuite/CRM (Helpful)
- Must be willing to travel for client work as needed
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to the first interview to familiarize yourself with the role. Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and your resume. Applications that do not include all required materials may not be reviewed. Please Apply Here. The position will remain open until filled.
No telephone calls please.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.