Tob Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: CEO and COO
Location: New York, NY (non-negotiable)
Status: Six month term with possibility of Full-Time
Perspective Fund, an impact focused non-fiction storytelling fund based in New York, is looking for a full-time Program Coordinator to work closely with and support a growing and dynamic team of four, which currently includes the CEO, two Program Officers and the COO. The Program Coordinator is a key member of the team, and will maximize the Team’s productivity and efficiency by performing and coordinating administrative and grants management tasks, conducting research on relevant issues and organizations, providing strong administrative support, and project management.
Administrative & Logistical Support
- Conduct editorial tasks such as proofreading, fact checking, and referencing for internal and external communications
- Assist the team with drafting of summaries of grant proposals, and other writing as needed
- Support the development of external reviews and strategic plans for the program; create presentations and written reports for internal learning
- Ensure the accuracy and maintenance of the Perspective Fund website
- As needed, source and manage outside consultants: develop RFPs, solicit proposals, develop work plans, oversee contracts, and ensure high-quality deliverables
- Effectively manage workflow and processes through communication that is simple, clear, and customized
- Assist the team with planning and coordinating meetings, travel, workshops, and convenings; make logistical arrangements as needed
- Research and editing for internal memos and reporting documents
- Design of report templates, data collection and calculation
- Conduct media monitoring, collating content about current or prospective grantees and the media impact field at large
- Help to maintain grant calendars, and coordinating grant processes for the team
- Serve as the main liaison with Grants Management and ensure accurate and timely data entry across grants management and other operational tools
- Update and develop the Perspective Fund grants and prospects database
- Research and create new entries, populate and sort film credit and filmmaker demographic data fields in Airtable
- Accept new inquiries into the Perspective Fund workflow for evaluation
- Keep track of submitted inquiries and consider their strengths and weakness for initial reporting; discuss new projects with the program team
- Track the development of film projects in progress
- Monitor correspondence and maintain a calendar regarding development and release dates for films in progress; watch submitted cuts and note updates in the editorial process
- Collect media in Perspective Fund digital asset management system
- Upload and sort new video files to RAID and Plex servers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a professional office environment coordinating basic projects, performing complex scheduling, and writing correspondence
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience in the social justice media impact field, media field in general, or in philanthropy
- Familiarity with, and commitment to human rights and social justice issues
- Excellent English language writing, synthesizing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative skills, and ability to manage complex tasks, prioritize competing demands, and meet deadlines
- Initiative, resourcefulness and flexibility, and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle - and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office; experience with Airtable a plus
- Comfort with financial information, budgets and databases
- Ability to handle confidential information with complete discretion
- Willingness to learn, be open to new ideas, and have fun
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a nonprofit grantmaking, advocacy, or social justice environment
- General knowledge of impact media
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Proficient in a second language a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000 based on experience. We offer a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). We also offer other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender‐inclusive healthcare.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Perspective Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply.
We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world. We hire, promote and retain interns based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundation’s service needs and business requirements.
All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law, e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.
ABOUT PERSPECTIVE FUND
Mission: Our mission is to foster positive social change by funding and partnering with impact-focused mediamakers and campaigns.
Vision: Our vision is for a more just and equitable world wherein diverse voices are valued and powerful storytelling can achieve its potential to shape, broaden, and bridge perspectives.
Values: Impact is at the center of our work. Our partnerships seek to support an ecosystem of ambitious organizations that embody and pursue impact-oriented storytelling. We welcome risk as an important part of experimentation, learning and progress. Being nimble and applying learnings to an iterative process is fundamental to our strategy. We believe that there is a shared responsibility, between us and our grantees, to maximize the impact potential of the work that we support.
How To Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: “[Your name]— “Perspective Fund - Program Coordinator.”
All applications must include:
1. a resumé;
2. a cover letter outlining relevant and applicable experience and salary requirements (MUST specify actual amount and range); and
3. one writing sample that shows your relevant experience in media impact film (in PDF format).
Only applications that include these materials will be reviewed and considered.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: At this time, our preference is that applicants have work authorization to work in the United States. If you need sponsorship for a US work visa, please let us know in your cover letter.
The application deadline is July 15, 2020.