FOR THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, INCLUDING THE SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE TRANSLATIONS, PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a Program Associate to join the Regional and Country Programs team, which conducts grantmaking and supports program collaboration and learning focused on Latin America and East Africa. The program contributes local expertise, leadership, and resources while supporting local civil society organizations to defend and expand civic space and advance key, locally relevant human rights and social justice priorities.
The Program Associate provides both administrative and programmatic support for a small team working on a diverse set of issues in both regions. In addition, the Program Associate will be tasked with managing some aspects of grantee relationships, including reviewing proposals and monitoring grants.
- Liaise with the grants management team on monthly invitations and tracking workflow.
- Coordinate the compilation of team inputs to internal requests for information for newsletters, annual reports, and other inter-departmental requests.
- Assist the program director with tracking budget spreadsheets and grant calendars, coordinating grant workflow, including entering grants into the database as needed.
- Provide English and Spanish editing and proofreading support to team members.
- As needed, assist team with coordinating meetings, travel, workshops and convenings; make logistical arrangements, support consultants, and take notes in team meetings.
- Conduct research related to field developments, potential grantees, opportunities related to grant-making, and other topics requested by team.
- Participate in all aspects of grantmaking for both regions including screening and scoping of potential grantees, analyzing background information; soliciting and developing funding proposals; summarizing proposals; preparing grant recommendations; conducting site visits and managing a small portfolio of grantees (as needed).
- Contribute to the team’s collaboration and learning agenda for both regions, including by actively planning and coordinating with other WPF programs and departments.
- Support strategic planning, reflection, learning, and evaluation processes, including through research, analysis, evaluation, and the development of visual content for presentations.
- Maintain the team’s archive of outcomes compiled from grantee reports and communications as well as other key grantee products and communications materials.
- Prepare regular updates and contextual analyses for both regions.
- Research and prepare donor education materials and other information for Wellspring internal use, including light touch design of presentation slides and regular donor updates.
- Coordinate calls and meetings with peer funders and funder affinity groups.
- Represent Wellspring at site visits and conferences at the request of team members.
- Participate with other staff on internal Wellspring committees and working groups as needed.