About The Pershing Square Foundation: The Pershing Square Foundation (PSF), a New York-based family foundation, supports exceptional leaders and innovative organizations that tackle important social, health, and environmental issues and deliver scalable and sustainable impact. For more information, visit: http://www.pershingsquarefoundation.org/.
The Pershing Square Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. The company considers applicants based on qualifications and without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, genetic information, citizenship, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Title: Program Assistant
PSF is seeking a Program Assistant for its social and environmental portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in grants management, communications and general program support, working closely with the Program Manager. This includes owning event management and scheduling, as well as tracking impact metrics and driving multiple aspects of the grantmaking process. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in social and environmental issues, a strong commitment to equity, a can-do spirit and a desire to contribute positively to the culture and knowledge of our small, entrepreneurial organization. As a member of our team, you will have the rare opportunity to work on innovative philanthropy and social investment in exciting areas, including the environment and social justice.
- Assist in coordinating events and implementing new programming, including logistics, communications and serving as on-site (or virtual) support.
- Schedule and prepare for PSF advisory board meetings; work with the board and Program Manager to plan meetings and other board activities with minimal scheduling conflicts. Assist Program Manager in the collection, management and circulation of presentations and relevant materials to the board prior to meetings. Take meeting minutes.
- Manage all aspects of relevant events, such as board dinners, team off-site meetings and additional programming, including scheduling, booking venues, drafting and sending invitations, managing invite lists, etc.
- Research potential grantees and program areas, including those related to the environment, social justice and impact investing. Attend relevant meetings to capture insights and take notes.
Grants Management and Administration
- Screen incoming funding requests from organizations, including reviewing financial and organizational documents in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Assist in managing the pipeline of grantees and investments.
- Prepare grant agreements for review and process payments to awardees.
- Assist in the design and execution of grant or investment deliverables and program review.
- Assist in the oversight of funded research, including soliciting and tracking annual progress reports and monitoring and evaluating other impact metrics, such as publications, funding leverage, etc.
- Coordinate with the team that handles finance and accounting for grants and investments.
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant to develop, coordinate and manage all internal and external meetings associated with the programming, oftentimes juggling competing priorities. Must be detail-oriented, with a clear understanding of meeting requirements.
- Manage administrative aspects of the grantmaking process, including cataloging and tracking all grantee transactions and interactions and ensuring contacts are up to date in CRM software (Salesforce).
- Support the Program Manager in drafting and copyediting social media posts and press releases.
- Monitor and compile information on social impact organizations and initiatives related to the environment and social justice. Share insights with key staff and research new areas of focus.
- Maintain a database of contacts in relevant and new areas of work.
- Assist with additional communications tasks, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in a related field.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills. Experience in planning and executing meetings/events is a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills: maturity, courtesy, tact and patience; energetic and dedicated team player with a sense of humor and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong commitment to equity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Zoom and Windows Operating Systems, and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Experience with CRM software (Salesforce) is preferred.
PSF offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to Glenn Ellington, email@example.com, with “Program Assistant, Social and Environmental Portfolio” in the subject line.