Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Administrative Services Manager
The Milbank Memorial Fund is an endowed operating foundation that works to improve population health by connecting leaders and decision makers with the best available evidence and experience. Founded in 1905, the Fund engages in nonpartisan analysis, collaboration, and communication, with an emphasis on state health policy. It does this work by:
- Identifying, informing, and inspiring current and future state health policy leaders to enhance their effectiveness;
- Working with state health policy decision makers on issues they identify as important to population health, particularly in areas related to primary care, aging, and total costs of care; and
- Publishing high-quality, evidence-based publications and The Milbank Quarterly, a peer-reviewed journal of population health and health policy.
The Program Assistant will provide direct administrative support to the President and Administrative Services Manager, as well as to the Program Officers and Communications Director. In addition, the Program Assistant will serve as the office administrator for the customer relations management system (CRM). The position requires the ability to multitask on a variety of jobs such as general administrative duties, meeting planning and preparation, compiling website metrics and survey results, and CRM operations. The Program Assistant will be the first point of contact with the Fund for most people and will create an impression of professionalism and collegiality. The Program Assistant will work collaboratively with other staff members and must utilize independent analysis, judgment, and conduct all activities in a manner consistent with Fund’s mission, values, and strategic plan.
Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer phone calls and respond to general inquiries
- Schedule conference calls and coordinate calendars
- Assist with production of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Order and manage inventory of supplies
- Set up for in-office meetings and conference calls
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Conduct background research for projects and programs in response to the President’s and program officers’ requests
- Assist with meeting logistics and prepare meeting materials
- Attend national Reforming States Group and other in-person meetings as needed to provide event management support to program officers
- Support and enhance coordination of work among the program officers
- Assist with website content management
- Compile website metrics from Google Analytics
- Assist with sending newsletters and emails using email software
- Set up webinars
- Track and monitor status of projects, meetings, and constituents using Salesforce
- Provide global maintenance of system (data audits, data backups)
- Serve as point person for staff (troubleshooting problems, identifying training needs)
- Identify potential Salesforce applications that would increase office efficiency and program impact
- Identify training opportunities and attend webinars, networking events, and workshops as needed
Experience and Qualifications
- Previous work experience in a professional office is required.
- Undergraduate degree and strong academic record.
- Interest in public health, health policy, public policy, public affairs, or public administration is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google applications
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM preferred
- Experience with website, marketing, and social media platforms is a plus
- Excellent logistical, organizational, and prioritization skills
- The ability to operate efficiently, multi-task, and work independently
- High attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work under pressure on occasions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with and respect people of different cultures and viewpoints
The Milbank Memorial Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 6, 2020.