Spectrum is looking for a Production Associate to join our team.
Spectrum is an autism news site intended for scientists, although we are also read by many non-scientists.
The Spectrum Production Associate’s primary role will be to ensure the posting of Spectrum’s award-winning content at spectrumnews.org and on other platforms, including newsletters. Reporting to the Director of Engagement and Marketing and working closely with the Multimedia Director and Copy Chief, the Production Associate will uphold and elevate Spectrum’s high production values and work with the rest of the team to ensure that Spectrum is reaching its specialized audience, which includes neuroscientists, clinicians, geneticists and policymakers.
- Post Spectrum content, including multimedia elements (photos, gifs, videos, audio, etc.)
- Publish Spectrum newsletters
- Obtain rights to use research art, illustrations, photographs and other creative materials
- Collaborate closely with Spectrum’s editorial team
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Science background preferred
- At least three years of experience in online production roles
- Art or visual background preferred
- Experience in journalism, or working at journalistic outlets, preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable to quickly changing priorities
- Must demonstrate ability to manage detailed projects and track progress appropriately
- Experience and facility with content management systems and marketing and outreach tools such as WordPress and Mailchimp
- Experience with Photoshop and YouTube
- A good visual sense
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and exceptional ethical standards
- Comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a résumé and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.