The Tepper Foundation is a family foundation that supports effective organizations in New Jersey and across the United States. Through these grantee partnerships, the foundation works to meet people’s basic needs like food and housing; provide relief in the face of disasters; support the Jewish community; safeguard rights; and strengthen the nonprofit sector.
Founded in 1996 by David Tepper, the foundation has supported grantees with hundreds of millions of dollars in direct support since its inception and continues to expand its giving. In 2023, the foundation will make more than $60 million in grants. Currently, the foundation’s team consists of ten individuals.
To learn more about The Tepper Foundation, please visit: www.tepperfoundation.org
The Portfolio Analyst is a new and critically important role at The Tepper Foundation. The Portfolio Analyst is responsible for conducting landscape research and analysis on topics that align with the foundation’s strategic goals, supporting the due diligence of organizations being considered for grants, and aiding in the foundation’s efforts to assess the overall impact of grants. This position requires exceptional research, analytical, and writing skills, along with a deep understanding of the nonprofit landscape. The Portfolio Analyst will help drive informed decision-making and will play a critical role in improving the foundation’s grantmaking strategies.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated professional to join a growing and mission-driven team. The Portfolio Analyst will report to the Managing Director of Portfolios.
- Conduct in-depth research on various trends and issues relevant to the foundation’s mission.
- Assist portfolio staff by providing support for their due diligence efforts in evaluating potential grantees.
- Provide assistance to the Managing Director in preparation of clear and data-informed funding recommendations.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations that summarize research findings.
- Utilize various sources, databases, and networks to gather information on potential grantees.
- Assist in designing and implementing evaluation methods to determine the effectiveness and impact of grants.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of the foundation’s grantmaking strategies.
- Continuously monitor the nonprofit landscape for emerging opportunities and developments.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, ideally gained in a foundation, consulting firm, think tank, and/or relevant nonprofit organization required.
- An ongoing commitment to the mission and values of The Tepper Foundation.
- Proven experience in research and analysis.
- Understanding of philanthropy and familiarity with the nonprofit landscape, locally and nationally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in using research tools, databases, and data analysis software.
- Proven skill and comfort in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and efficiently delivering high-quality work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations.
The Tepper Foundation is prepared to offer an attractive and competitive compensation package, including a competitive salary range of 95,000-$110,000, commensurate with experience, and a strong benefits package.
The Tepper Foundation is based in New York City and offers a hybrid work schedule.
This position description is based upon material provided by The Tepper Foundation, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please click HERE.
Tani Weissman, Principal
Evangeline Dunphy, Director, Search Operations
Dave Yi, Associate