Reporting to the Senior Development Director, The Foundation is seeing an enthusiastic and highly organized Corporate Relationships and Events Manager to engage with sponsors and manage our events including our external event planning company. Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and will identify new potential corporate partners and develop comprehensive strategies based on research and relationships. They will manage our corporate group of volunteers, the Corporate Leadership Committee, engaging them in our work and in fundraising. This individual act as liaison to our events firm for all our major fundraising events and manages smaller cultivation events. For the smaller events they will interact with and manage vendors, donors, committee members, and other resources that are necessary to the successful completion of events/activities within deadlines, and maximum cost-effective quality assurance in mind.
- Develop and implement the corporate sponsorship strategy based on existing goals and current sponsorship offering
- Develop a pipeline of new prospects working with our corporate volunteers.
- Work with Development Sr. Director to strategize on all philanthropic potential with each corporation or organization
- Manage Corporate Leadership Committee, including meetings, agendas and follow up.
- Take responsibility for financial reporting of sponsorship activities, running queries and generating reports on sponsorship activities in our internal system.
- Perform all duties related to cultivation events from beginning to end; (e.g. decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.)
- Responsible for the fundraising aspect of our major fundraising events, delegating all possible tasks to our events firm.
- Liaison to events firm making sure we stay within budget
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Research skills to identify event opportunities, understand the market, and generate interest.
- Improvise as needed, commit to an 80% of predictable work / tasks, being comfortable with a 20% of unpredictable tasks.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business marketing or related field with five to seven years’ relevant work experience in sales. Masters a plus.
- Must have experience in organizing, implementing and executing fundraising/recognition events.
- Interest in all aspects of helping women and girls and a dedication to promoting NYWF’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with leaders, volunteers, and the development office team
- Leadership skills required for directing personnel and oversight of project implementation, management, and completion
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks
- Experience in managing budgets and negotiating with vendors
- Confident and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of individuals
- Knowledgeable of event registration and databases
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Raisers Edge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in information technology, social media, and audio/visual
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Team player and effective collaborator with staff, consultants, and vendors.
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Diversity and inclusion are long-standing core values at The Foundation. We value differences among individuals including, but not limited to, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical ability, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, as well as beliefs and ways of thinking. We strive to create an inclusive work culture that ensures that all individuals are hear, respected, and supported to do their best work.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Or via mail to:
The New York Women's Foundation
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
Attention: Human Resources
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.