Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility
Prudential was founded on the belief that financial security should be within reach for everyone. It’s a challenge we’ve embraced for more than one hundred and forty years. A strong sense of social responsibility has remained embedded in the company, guiding our efforts to help people now and in future generations achieve peace of mind and a more secure future.
In keeping with that tradition, Prudential strives to be a catalyst for meaningful, authentic and positive change to achieve shared prosperity for vulnerable and underserved individuals and communities in the United States and around the world. Prudential annually invests more than $300 million in impact investments, strategic grants and contributions to develop long-term partnerships strengthening communities and creating pathways for all to achieve financial and social mobility.
Prudential’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) group oversees partnerships with nonprofit organizations and is responsible for the development and implementation of its philanthropic strategy through grants and corporate contributions to drive social impact that complement business objectives in the following areas:
- Improving workforce and employer systems to better prepare and connect financially vulnerable people to quality jobs.
- Increasing the availability and utilization of wealth-building and protection products and services for underserved and financially vulnerable populations
- Transforming urban systems to drive inclusive economic growth to ensure economic development practices produce equitable outcomes and opportunities for mobility for underserved populations.
Prudential CSR seeks a Manager to join the Corporate Social Responsibility program team to support the company’s strategy on expanding inclusive employment pathways for underserved populations and increasing the capacity of nonprofit partners through skills-based volunteering programs. The ideal candidate has experience working with nonprofit partners and a commitment to increase economic opportunities for underserved populations. This position will report to the Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility.
Talent & Workforce Initiatives
- Support the Talent & Workforce Initiatives portfolio by sourcing, evaluating, and structuring strategic partnerships with nonprofits to support demand-driven training programs for vulnerable populations and increasing the quality of jobs for American workers.
- Maintain strong working relationships with grantees through regular communications, anticipating challenges in meeting deliverables, and providing technical assistance in execution of their grant deliverables.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders to promote early talent pipelines from CSR partners.
- Conduct grant proposal reviews, including programmatic and financial analysis, and evaluate grants based on written grantee reports and regular site visits.
- Support the Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility, in establishing funding priorities and allocate annual budget among grant applicants.
- Support the evaluation of the Talent & Workforce portfolio.
Skills-Based Volunteering Programs
- Support the implementation of skills-based volunteering programs that advances the company’s impact and objectives in talent development and social impact.
- Maintain regulation communications with internal and external partners to anticipate challenges in meeting deliverables.
- Support the Director of Capacity Building in establishing priorities and workplans for skills-based volunteering programs, in partnership with the company’s Talent & Capability team.
- Conduct research and attain knowledge of current trends, concepts and emerging issues within skills-based volunteering programs.
- Research, develop, and present ideas for strategic initiatives designed to have a broader impact on Prudential’s social impact strategies.
- Participate in the preparation of internal and external communication materials such as board materials, issue briefs, websites, speeches, and press releases.
- Design external programmatic engagements such as sponsorships in close coordination with internal partners such as Communications, Government Relations, and other CSR colleagues.
- Represent Prudential’s CSR team at both internal and external events, and stakeholder convenings.
- Assist in other projects as needed.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required. Relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Six-to-eight years minimum work experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects to achieve specified goals and outcomes; in-depth knowledge of grant making a plus.
- Relevant experience in the nonprofit, public or private sector around place-based strategies.
- Solid understanding of nonprofit and philanthropic communities, organizational structures, and challenges.
- Excellent writing, communications and project management skills with a proven track record of writing and presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and think critically across a range of issues and topic areas.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills with a commitment to continual learning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively across various lines of business and proactively cultivate relationships with a diverse range of internal and external partners.
- Proven record of successfully working collaboratively and on teams.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, including strong financial analysis skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint in a Windows environment.
- Background in workforce development is an advantage.
- Some travel required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.