Position Title: Learning & Development Technical Trainer, Business Systems, Grants and Knowledge Management
Location: New York
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 90 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Whom We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic, service-oriented, self-starting professional for the new Learning & Development role as part of the Learning and Knowledge Management team at RPA. This person should be comfortable with building and delivering new learning systems and programs, excited about the mark they can make on the organization, and an exceptional collaborator who thrives on building from scratch. The qualified candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Technical Trainer will train employees how to use business systems and computer applications such as NetSuite CRM and Financial; team and document collaboration tools; and Concur Invoice and Expense modules. This position requires technical fluency and strong communication, documentation, and instructional design skills.
The responsibilities include:
- In partnership with internal teams, conduct business systems needs assessments by collecting information on work procedures, workflows, and user challenges; proactively seek to understand job-specific functions and tasks; and collaborate with business partners and the Learning & Knowledge Management Director to establish training priorities
- Design role-specific technology training curriculum and courses on core business systems organization-wide with input from team leaders, IT, and L&D colleagues; create compelling content, design presentations, and comfortably leverage a variety of training modalities
- Deliver training sessions on core business systems organization-wide for both existing end-users and new employees through a combination of live training sessions and pre-recorded video content
- Evaluate the quality and content of training, including course design, instruction, training materials and learning reinforcement strategies; raise the bar on training experiences by measuring and reporting on the impact and effectiveness
- Design and curate customized end-user documentation tailored around core business requirements; mentor junior L&D colleagues on designing documentation; ensure availability and delivery of documentation to end-users
- Contribute to analysis of systems and processes and recommend changes or modifications to ensure effectiveness and cost efficiency of all processes
- Partner with IT to assist with software support and upgrades by participating in end-user pilot testing and identifying errors in systems
- Identify additional training partners (internal or external) to present training, as needed; assist in identifying and securing appropriate external vendors
- Identify and pursue additional training to maintain technical knowledge and improve quality of facilitation or instructional design
- Monitor spending and make decisions with budgets in mind
- Plan and develop scripts and storyboards for e-learning; use authoring tools to develop online and remote training, as needed
- BA and/or 5 years’ proven work experience as an IT Trainer, Technical Trainer, or similar role
- Experience in instructional design and with instructional technology; deep knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Deep computer expertise, particularly working knowledge of NetSuite, Microsoft Office applications, and Box.
- Familiarity with web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills: good judgment and ability to function independently
- Comfortable engaging with staff at all levels
- Familiarity with non-profit or philanthropic practices preferred
- Must be willing to travel for client work as needed
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications will be reviewed as received. In order to be considered, all applications must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here.The position will remain open until filled
No telephone calls please.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.