About The Pocantico Center
In addition to overseeing the stewardship of the historic buildings, collections and gardens, The Pocantico Center is a venue for conferences and meetings on critical issues related to the mission of the RBF. It also serves as a community resource and offers public access through a visitation program, lectures, and cultural events, as well as support to artists and arts organizations in the greater New York City area. Located 20 miles north of Manhattan in the Pocantico Historic Area, The Pocantico Center is managed by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund as part of its agreement with the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund seeks a Housekeeper for The Pocantico Center to perform general housekeeping duties that will ensure the care and upkeep of all buildings on the estate. The incumbent will also provide occasional supervision of the overnight housekeeping staff. S/He will be responsible for hospitality tasks such guest check-ins, and ensuring that high standards of the Historic House Museum field are maintained.
- Clean all areas to ensure that rooms, common, and museum spaces, meet the highest standards of care.
- Work with and assist part-time cleaning staff to ensure that all assigned tasks are successfully completed.
- Prepare bedrooms for use by conference participants (conferees), including stocking supplies such as shampoo, soap, toilet paper, etc.
- Change sheets and towels after conferees depart, and clean assigned areas.
- Wash, dry, iron, and store laundry.
- Perform routine cleaning of the Pocantico Conference Center, as needed.
- Clean silver and urns at the Pocantico Conference Center.
- Check-in guests, as assigned.
- Assist catering staff during receptions, as assigned
- Assist in maintaining adequate and proper inventory of all household supplies; linens and towels; conference supplies for guest bedrooms, including folders; water, beer, wine, and soda for sitting-rooms.
- Perform miscellaneous hospitality tasks, which may include providing ad-hoc customer service to guests and reporting problems as they arise.
- Perform all other assigned tasks, as requested.
The incumbent will perform all other duties assigned by the Coordinator of Housekeeping Services.
- Knowledge of general housekeeping practices.
- Willingness and ability to learn new methods and techniques for the care of objects and other furnishings.
- Ability to clean and handle delicate objects throughout Kykuit, the Coach Barn, the Breuer House, and other buildings on the property, as needed.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including occasionally being available after business hours and on weekends.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff and guests.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience supervising staff due to expectation of occasional oversight of assigned part-time Housekeeping staff.
Additionally, each employee is expected to:
- Understand and support the philanthropic mission of the RBF.
- Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from the RBF.
- Manage the resources of the RBF in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
- Appreciate the value of diversity initiatives and equal opportunity in all work relationships.
- Respect the contribution of each employee of the RBF and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
- Appreciate differences in perspectives and point of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
- Commit time to RBF activities and conversations that strengthen the Fund’s culture and improve its effectiveness.
- High school diploma, or its equivalency, with at least a year of housekeeping experience
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religion. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
To apply, please send a letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications along with a resume to email@example.com. Include ‘Housekeeper, The Pocantico Center’ on the subject line of your email. No telephone or fax inquiries please. Application deadline is July 26, 2019.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
Attn: Human Resources – Housekeeper, Pocantico Center
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 900
New York, NY 10115
For additional information please visit our website at www.rbf.org.