Hybrid | New York, New York or Washington, D.C | Minimum Salary: $65,000/Maximum Salary: $75,000
The Century Foundation (TCF), an independent progressive public policy think tank, seeks a Policy Associate/Senior Policy Associate to work with the higher education team on for-profit education and related issues of accountability, quality, consumer protection, and finance in higher education.
TCF’s Project on For-Profit Education pairs research that uncovers inappropriate or even predatory behavior for financial gain by colleges and career training groups with outreach and advocacy to stem the tide of predatory programs and preserve the promise of higher education.
The Policy Associate/Senior Policy Associate will engage in research, policy analysis, writing, and strategic advocacy on policies and oversight at the federal and state level, with possible connections to the work of accreditors and state and federal agencies. This position is a hybrid in-person/remote opportunity based out of TCF’s Washington, D.C. or New York City office, and may require some travel.
Applicants may also submit materials for consideration for any of TCF’s additional postings. Please indicate preference and geographical restrictions.
- Identifying and executing nonpartisan research projects, independently or in collaboration with TCF’s higher education team members.
- Writing reports and short-form commentary pieces.
- Monitoring policy developments at the federal and state levels.
- Meeting with policy makers to offer research-based input.
- Organizing, participating in, and/or leading coalitions, events and meetings focused on college and career education, accountability, and related issues.
- Assisting in identifying and securing partners, funders, and collaborators to leverage impact of work.
- Collaborating with TCF’s communications team to leverage media partners.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Experience in advocacy, including base-building, coalition-building, and organizing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience writing for public audiences preferred.
- Familiarity with state, federal and local governmental policy-making processes.
- A commitment to progressive values and interest in TCF’s higher education research agenda.
Founded in 1919, The Century Foundation is a progressive, independent think tank that conducts research, develops solutions, and drives policy change to make people’s lives better. We pursue economic, racial, gender, and disability equity in education, health care, and work, and promote U.S. foreign policy that fosters international cooperation, peace, and security.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, especially candidates from marginalized groups including people with disabilities, women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, immigrants, and first-generation college graduates.