GRANTS PROCESSING ASSOCIATE
The Jewish Communal Fund facilitates and promotes charitable giving to sectarian and nonsectarian organizations through donor-advised funds and provides support to Jewish organizations in New York.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Grants Administration, the Grants Processing Associate will:
- Process fundholder grant recommendations, accurately input information into the database, participate in the daily printing and mailing of grant checks, correct grant check errors as requested, and file approved grant recommendations
- Review and edit fundholder grant recommendations
- Respond to inquiries from recipient grantee organizations and JCF fundholders regarding grant status and procedures
- Coordinate the processes on lost/never received grant checks
- Participate in special database projects as needed
- Answer general phone inquiries
Required Skills and Experience
- BA/BS required, and 2-3 years of office experience including data entry and high level administrative support
- Attention to detail and proven ability to perform administrative tasks independently with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong computer skills with database experience, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Capacity to multitask in a high-volume environment, and proactively manage work processes to meet deadlines
- Experience with customer service
- Strong sense of office protocol and discretion in handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Jewish Communal organizations and New York Jewish community a plus
The position is open for immediate hire. Interested candidates should send a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing your specific qualifications and interest in the position to: GPA@jcfny.org. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Please do not direct inquiries to our staff.
The Jewish Communal Fund does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.