The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF is seeking an External Programs Assistant/Associate to join the External Programs team. You will report to the Senior Manager, External Programs. You will interact cross-functionally within the organization and externally with grantees and partners as needed. You will be part of the External Programs team that focuses on all programs, including the extramural grants awards program, the student and teacher education and outreach program, the gender equity program, and others as they arise. You will also partner with the Events Team, who is responsible for the operations and execution of all NYSCF events.
What you'll do:
- Provide overall administrative, logistical, and project-level support on all NYSCF's external programs (i.e., extramural grants and STEM education programs) including program-related events.
- Assist with developing, implementing and improving operational systems for external grant programs.
- Provide administrative assistance for all pre and post grant award processes.
- Provide administrative and logistical assistance for the education and outreach programs including the NYSCF Internship Program, Family Stem Cell Day, the Stem Cell Research Immersive Experience, NYSCF Research Institute visits and others, as needed.
- Maintain and update the grants management system and education program application systems.
- Assist with the coordination of annual grant and education program timelines, including program launches and submission deadlines.
- Respond to inquiries from applicants, grantees and institutional administrators as needed for both education programs and grant award programs.
- Organize grant and education program applications for review.
- Provide pre and post administrative support for extramural grant scientific review meetings.
- Assist in the maintenance of all program-related templates, grantee reporting, and database award records.
- Work with the finance team to ensure timely payment to grantee institutions.
- Manage database entries for the external programs team.
- Assist in organizing and updating program policies and processes.
- Generates, organizes and prepares data for reporting across programs by staying current on grantee accomplishments and achievements, including but not limited to, publications, awards, honors, clinical trials, inventions, and patent applications.
- Assist in reporting to funders across external programs.
What we're looking for:
- BA/BSc is required.
- Up to 2 years of experience in an operational and/or administrative role, preference for previous experience with grant program management.
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to operational excellence.
- Ability to work independently and with a multidisciplinary team.
- Eagerness to grow a career at a fast-paced, entrepreneurial nonprofit.
- Adaptable problem solver who is willing to help where needed.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required, with the ability to work with/across a range of disciplines.
- The position level (Assistant/Associate) will be determined based on candidate experience
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.