Musicians Foundation provides aid grants to professional musicians in times of need, crisis, and transition. As the oldest non-profit of its kind in the United States, Musicians Foundation has a rich tradition of assisting musicians and their families. Musicians Foundation (“MF”) has helped sustain the creative life of thousands of musicians throughout the United States since 1914 and is seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization forward in its next phase of strategic growth. The Executive Director will be an energetic leader who will build on Musicians Foundation’s reputation to cultivate relationships with donors, foundations, and community partners; oversee MF’s musician aid program; and ensure the financial and administrative integrity of the organization. The Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and oversee a small team to maximize the effectiveness of MF’s programs and outreach efforts.
• Cultivate donors and foundations to increase funds available in support of MF’s mission.
• Create fundraising campaigns and collaborate on marketing initiatives and events.
• Oversee communication strategy and social media presence to raise the profile of the organization.
• Collaborate with community partners to maximize assistance available to musicians-in-need.
• Ensure that musician aid grants are dispensed to meet clients’ needs and in keeping with the organization’s criteria.
• Oversee MF’s financial reporting and prudently manage the organization’s resources.
• Inspire a small team and provide administrative oversight of the office.
• Work closely with MF’s board of directors in advancing the organization’s mission and supporting the board’s fiduciary responsibilities.
• Ten or more years of management experience in arts and/or music administration or comparable community-based organization.
• Experience in fundraising and grant making; knowledge of social media outreach a plus.
• Ability to think creatively and provide strategic leadership.
• Passion for music and performing arts/ education, with a commitment to MF’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree; a Master’s a plus.
• Proficiency with Google, Microsoft, Bloomerang software programs.
• Position is full time, 40 hours per week.
• Annual salary range of $75,000 to $95,000 (commensurate with experience), with healthcare and employer IRA contributions.
• Paid federal holidays, with vacation and sick leave.
• While the organization is based in New York City, work arrangements can be flexible.
• Anticipated start date January 1, 2023.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.