The Office of the President (OTP) seeks a highly experienced senior level Executive Assistant (EA) to join their team. The primary role of the EA will be to proactively assist and manage the calendar of appointments, meetings, work-related travel and events, and expenses for the President of the Ford Foundation. The EA performs a wide range of office management and broad administrative duties for the office. They will coordinate with other staff on the team to facilitate the daily processes and operations of the OTP. The EA is expected to engage proactively across their team and across all areas of the Foundation on behalf of the president (e.g. Finance, HR, Facilities) in order to remain current about the systems and processes for the benefit of the work of the team.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who is flexible and proactive. This person will be globally minded and will have an appreciation for working across multiple cultures and geographies. They are also a detail-oriented problem solver with exceptional organizational and people skills and able to work in a diverse, cross-cultural environment. The ideal candidate will also be able to manage complex schedules, operate calmly in high-pressure situations, maintain confidentiality, and be a quick learner who is able to adapt to a fast-paced working and learning environment. In addition, it is very important for this person to anticipate the needs of the office.
The EA will work closely with and report directly to the Chief of Staff to the President.
- Anticipates and coordinates the personal schedule of the President, often requiring after hours or weekend support as needed
- Organized and responsive to requests - with a focus on being detailed-oriented
- Manages high volume of incoming requests for a C-suite level executive
- Assists in scheduling and preparing for meetings, luncheons and receives guests and visitors with the utmost professionalism
- Receives, screens and suggests to the President's attention matters of particular interest and concern
- Coordinates and manages changes for the domestic and international travel plans of the President with extreme attention to detail
- Screens telephone calls, and when appropriate, makes referrals to individuals or divisions and follows up to ensure proper action
- Manages high level stakeholders and VIP guests, engaging with multiple contacts
- Develops drafts of responses to various correspondence, at the direction of the President and Chief of Staff
- Performs a variety of administrative duties including preparing memos for review and working closely with the Chief of Staff on special projects
- BA/BS plus a minimum of 5 to 8 years of proven and relevant executive-level office experience or equivalent work experience
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs and Slides
- Enthusiasm for learning new tools and technologies and ability to adapt to rapidly evolving applications and systems
- A clear and strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to handle communications tactfully and professionally with a high attention to detail
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Must be flexible and demonstrate proactive planning skills, organizational skills, and critical thinking skills; proven ability to problem solve and follow up appropriately on process and procedural issues
- Highly functioning administrator who is proactive and able to self-manage, prioritize work assignments across departments and from multiple individuals, manage multiple deadlines, and represent the Office of the President and the Foundation in any given environment
- A team player with an ability to work in diverse teams with accountability and responsibility; ability to contribute to a positive, productive, open and supportive environment that motivates everyone to perform at their best
- This role is primarily in-person at the Ford Foundation Center for Social Justice with some flexibility for occasional hybrid depending on team working schedules
- Experience working in an international context (scheduling across time zones, organizing global meetings, etc)
- Strong commitment to promoting social justice; interest and/or familiarity with the social justice issues that Ford supports
This position is primarily a sedentary role. However, the person in this position may need to occasionally move about inside the office to liaise with internal staff, access files, office machinery and a copy machine/printer.
The Ford Foundation is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and operations. As part of this commitment, the Foundation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 573-4627.
SALARY: Ford Foundation is committed to practicing salary transparency. The minimum salary for this position is US $125,000.
Alignment to Culture and Values
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of equity, openness, collaboration, trust, accountability and urgency
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
- Hybrid Workplace and Flexible Work Arrangement policies
- Medical and dental benefits for employee and immediate family on first day of work
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions of up to 13%
- Three weeks’ paid vacation in first year of work; four weeks in subsequent years
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Office closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Professional development initiatives for growth
- Generous parental leave (maternal and paternal) during new child’s first year (born into family or adopted)