ABOUT THE LCU FUND FOR WOMEN’S EDUCATION
Founded in 1858, the LCU Fund for Women’s Education (LCU Fund) is a private, nonprofit foundation based in New York City. The mission of the LCU Fund is to clear the path for low-income women to complete college by helping them pay their rent. Since 2001, the LCU Fund has distributed $16M to 3,300 students across 33 institutions. On average, 150 students are funded each year. The LCU Fund is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and staffed by a full-time Executive Director.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The LCU Fund seeks to contract with a Digital Media Specialist to play a key role in promoting and advancing our mission by building a robust digital and social media presence. This newly created position represents a significant investment in the future of the Fund and is an exciting opportunity for an individual to apply their expertise in support of positive social impact. With the goal of growing a new, diverse online audience and expanded donor base, the Digital Media Specialist will manage the Fund’s social media profiles and website and regularly analyze and report on campaign and digital platform performance. Reporting to the Fund’s Executive Director, the work of the Digital Media Specialist will be informed by the strategic priorities set forth by the Board of Directors. The position is remote with occasional in-person meetings in New York City.
- Develop, manage, and execute the Fund’s digital and social media strategy to include clear goals, measurable objectives, and deliverables.
- Create and maintain a weekly digital and social media content calendar.
- Manage and grow the Fund’s digital presence across multiple platforms; create and post relevant content a minimum of three times per week.
- Engage with related online content; respond to comments, messages and mentions.
- Coordinate quarterly paid ad campaigns designed to cultivate a broader, diverse online audience.
- Maintain the Fund’s website and YouTube channel; integrate updates with social media posts.
- Increase organic traffic through use of search engine optimization tools.
- Utilize existing or new monitoring and reporting strategies to measure impact of digital and campaign efforts (i.e. audience-building, engagement, conversions); track and provide monthly reports on key analytics and deliverables.
- At least two years’ experience in a professional setting with a focus on organic and paid social media strategy, website management, content creation and multi-channel communications.
- Experience managing social media accounts, creating content calendars, and digital storytelling.
- Experience developing and maintaining website copy and visuals.
- Experience writing media and social media content.
- Organized and detail-oriented self-starter with strong writing skills, design aptitude, and great familiarity with social media (particularly Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and websites.
- Ability to stay abreast of the latest social media tactics, platform updates and enhancements, strategies, and best practices.
- Ability to analyze social content performance and optimize future communications accordingly.
- Ability to identify opportunities and act proactively.
- Strong project management and analytical skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with social media analytics, including Google Analytics, Hootsuite analytics, or similar.
- Experience with WordPress or other website platforms.
- Video and photo editing (Adobe Premiere, iMovie, or similar software).
- Experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 applications.