POSITION: Digital Media Coordinator (Entry Level)
REPORTS TO: Senior Digital Media and Graphic Designer
LOCATION: New York, NY
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
START DATE: December 2023/January 2024
The New York Community Trust (“The Trust”) is one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the country. For the past century, The Trust has honored the wishes of donors who have entrusted them with their financial legacies to make lives better in the place they love. The Trust is a philanthropic leader in New York City, Westchester, and Long Island, delivering nearly $200 million in grants in 2022 and more than $2 billion in the past decade. Today, in addition to a distinguished competitive grantmaking program, The Trust hosts donor-advised funds (“DAFs”) that make grants throughout the United States and donor collaboratives that work on the leading edge of philanthropy to improve the lives of New Yorkers. The Trust has long been a leader in the field, with innovations ranging from establishing the first donor-advised fund in the 1930s to making landmark grants, including the first to fight AIDS, build the High Line, support immigrant communities, and respond quickly in the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position reports to the Senior Digital Media & Graphic Designer and works closely with the Director of Marketing to execute a cohesive marketing strategy. The Coordinator will offer knowledge, experience, and ideas in innovative digital media and traditional graphic design. As part of the in-house communications team working in a fast-paced environment, the Coordinator will execute a broad range of digital and social media campaigns and content. You should be creative, detail-oriented, and have a passion for all things digital.
Working in collaboration with communications and marketing staff, program staff, donor department staff, and other internal audiences, the Coordinator will focus on the following tasks:
- Execute and distribute all creative content, including digital and social media: website, social media, monthly emails to four distinct audiences, digital advertising, digital reports, etc. Given the small size of the team, the position also will provide support for traditional and print media assets as needed such as signage, flyers, one-pages, print newsletters, print advertising, promotional items, print reports, etc.
- Assist with The Trust’s social media calendar and social media tracking.
- Update The Trust’s website, including improvements to SEO.
- Basic photography and videography including editing, as needed.
- Work with team to manage digital asset archive and library.
- Collect and assess website, digital advertising, Google analytics, and social media analytics and synthesize data at least quarterly to help inform future initiatives.
- Regularly provide reports and recommendations on website user pathways and experience. Help develop better funnels in digital marketing to better use segmentation to understand user pathways of donors and other valuable audiences.
- Help with the development of LinkedIn audience growth campaigns for marketing for philanthropic advising, family philanthropy, giving circles, and other products that have their own micro-audiences.
- Analyze quarterly the success tracker maintained by the donor department, which tracks marketing leads.
- Assist in tracking ad buys and ad spends.
- Execute online marketing efforts and effectively utilize SEO tools and strategies.
- Meet timelines and due dates established for all creative projects and maintain an accurate daily status of all projects, in an environment with continuously evolving priorities.
- Handle other assignments as needed by the supervisor.
NYCT supports skills-based hiring and will review several aspects of an application including work experience (internships, volunteer, project-based, part/full-time employment, etc), skill proficiencies, education (courses, certifications, college degrees, etc.) and involvement in professional & industry organizations.
- A minimum of two years of experience creating digital content and tracking digital performance (digital media, web design or related field).
- Adept at using Google Analytics, social media platforms, PowerPoint, and WordPress.
- Knowledge of social media management and ability to adapt to new platforms and updates.
- Familiar with WordPress website management.
- Familiar with Email marketing best practices and platforms.
- Comfortable using or open to learning Canva or Adobe Creative Suite on an as-needed basis.
- Highly creative, conceptual thinker and self-sufficient.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task, and deliver on due dates.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Good customer service, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Positive can-do attitude.
An annual salary of $70,000-$75,000 commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The position is on-site at our New York office and we provide several remote options (holiday remote week, summer remote, monthly remote days, etc). The Trust offers excellent benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan, an 8% employer contribution to a 403(b)-retirement plan; partially subsidized medical insurance coverage; generous paid time off and other benefits.
The Trust is a qualifying nonprofit organization as defined by the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. As such, Trust employees may claim their employment time on their PSLF application.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through The Trust's HRIS platform, Paylocity. Please provide samples of created digital media content and/or relevant online projects in your application.
We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility in our recruitment process. The Trust strongly encourages members of underrepresented communities and individuals who meet most of the job requirements to apply.
The Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on age, color, national origin, ethnic origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in its employment policies. In addition, The Trust will provide reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.