The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
The New York Stem Cell Foundation Research Institute (NYSCF) seeks a resourceful, strategic, and self-starting team player to join us as our Database Manager.
In this role, you will report to the Chief Advancement Officer and provide comprehensive Blackbaud database expertise and support for the NYSCF Advancement team while also working closely with other NYSCF Programs colleagues who use our RENXT system.
With exceptional communication and collaboration skills, meticulous attention to detail, excellent judgment, and utmost personal integrity and discretion, you can juggle multiple tasks while flawlessly executing the team’s database responsibilities and priorities. In this role, you are driven to help NYSCF raise more philanthropic support by ensuring that we cherish and grow our relationships with donors and new friends through the use of our database.
What you'll do:
- Gift entry and financial reconciliation: Act as the primary point of gift entry and work with the Finance team to reconcile. This includes processing credit cards, entering online gifts, checks, stocks, wires, pledges, installments, and e-mailing daily gift updates to the Development and Finance teams.
- Database administration: Manage security permissions for users in RENXT, RE Database view, and ResearchPoint.
- Data management: Perform data entry and imports, duplicate management, data audits, maintain data entry protocols, run periodic data back-ups, and make Global changes.
- Report building: Build and pull reports for weekly financials, events and appeals, and ad hoc needs.
- Provide training: Provide onboarding training, regular training sessions to the team on valuable topics, and expand NYSCF’s Raiser’s Edge User Guide.
- Build queries and pull lists: For mailings/e-mails, event analysis, plus ad hoc needs
- ImportOmatic: Build and manage import profiles in ImportOmatic
- Acknowledgment Process: Build and help maintain the acknowledgment process within Raiser’s Edge for the Development team.
- Continue personal training in RENXT to provide insight and optimize the team’s use of the system.
- Act as primary contact with outside database consultants for RENXT and our legacy system (Filemaker).
- Perform all other related duties and tasks as required or assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree; 3 – 6 years of professional experience in non-profit fundraising operations.
- Expertise in Blackbaud relationship management databases (i.e., Raiser’s Edge NXT, ResearchPoint)
- Intellectual curiosity about and passion for advancing the NYSCF mission.
- Proven experience with understanding and anticipating various database user needs (e.g., fundraising, events & marketing, business development); strategic interest in connecting dots on the data between teams.
- Fluency in navigating financial reports and analytical data.
- A stickler for accuracy, with conscientious and efficient follow-through, and the highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong time management skills; ability and flexibility to manage multiple concurrent assignments and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment – at times with limited direction and guidance.
- Resourceful and proactive problem-solver; the instinct for identifying opportunities to streamline and develop effective business processes and systems.
- Adaptive, supportive, and collaborative spirit.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and pride in work are essential; a sense of humor is most welcome.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and proficiency with the Mac platform.
This description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements and is not meant to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities and requirements.
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire. NYSCF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our company. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Research Institute facility is a fully COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.