Founded in 2002, the Korean American Community Foundation (KACF) increases economic security and success for low-income families by providing grants and management support to help nonprofits become stronger and more effective. Equally important, KACF educates and trains supporters to accelerate change through impactful philanthropy. Our vision is a vibrant Korean American community working together to strengthen our society.
The Development & Data Associate is a critical role that enables all KACF fundraising activities. This position is best suited for someone who is detail-oriented, accurate, and enjoys synthesizing data to tell an organization’s story. This person also has the proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential donor information. The major components of this position include management and maintenance of the donor database and support for the activities and campaigns of the development department. This is a position with growth and learning opportunities for the right candidate.
DONOR DATA & DATABASE MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Support the management of the donor database, including all gift entry; maintaining up-to-date donor contact information, relationships, important dates, and giving histories.
- Work with the Senior Philanthropy Officer to implement gift coding, donor thank you, and gift tax-acknowledgement processes.
- Run queries, produce reports, and analyze data to inform fundraising strategy.
- Prepare mailing and invitation lists and donor reports from the database.
- Responsible for producing and overseeing direct mail projects, such as appeal letters and special event invitation mailings.
- Work with the Operations Manager to reconcile and ensure accuracy of donation data.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING (20%)
- Conduct new donor research to expand the prospect pipeline for new donors, board members, and event honorees and speakers.
- Work with Senior Philanthropy Officer to prepare materials for individual donor meetings.
- Assist with special projects, include planning and coordinating high-touch donor cultivation and donor education events.
- Assist with the production of the Annual Report.
- Assist with the production of all in-house special events. Provide support to volunteers holding events to benefit of KACF.
TEAM & ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (10%)
- Schedule and supports team meetings, Development Committee, and other fundraising-related external meetings with meeting minutes and other on-site support as needed.
- Maintain organizational collateral and swag inventory.
- Maintain a calendar of departmental action items, correspondence, and due dates.
- Other duties as assigned based on department and/or organizational need.
- Technology: Strong working proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Accuracy with data entry and comfort with basic report and query building and running in a donor database. The Foundation currently uses eTapestry.
- Analytical Thinking & Research: Ability to synthesize donor data (from database, Internet research, and Foundation historical knowledge) to contribute to the development of individualized fundraising strategies.
- Writing: Strong interpersonal, written communication (e-mail, letter) skills and adept at integrating feedback to improve drafts. Comfort with adapting writing style to meet the information needs of diverse audiences from board members to nonprofit leaders.
- Project Management: A self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple projects with competing deadlines and coordinating project needs among a small and mighty staff.
- Cultural & Language: Knowledge and/or curiosity about the Korean American community and socioeconomic issues is always welcomed. Korean language is helpful, but not required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience: Minimum 2 years of professional experience with preference given to those candidates with previous nonprofit or foundation fundraising (development) experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
TO APPLY: KACF welcomes applications from qualified individuals. To apply, please submit a thoughtful 1-page cover letter detailing your interest and ability to fulfill the responsibilities of the position with your resume to Jennifer Kim at email@example.com with subject line: KACF Development & Data Associate.