Position Title: Designer, Marketing & Communications
Location: New York, Chicago
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 110 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Whom We Seek
The Designer, Marketing & Communications will lead and implement creative responsibilities by producing digital and offline brochures, catalogs, logos, icons, templates, interactive objects, and publications. This person will interact and collaborate with others on the marketing team as well as with the broader organization. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and will show amazing attention to detail.
The responsibilities include:
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple internal teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, infographics, online tools, signage, internal communication, newsletters, marketing materials, publications and more.
- Determine voice and messaging for graphic design pieces.
- Use various computer software to visualize and develop innovative designs that meet stated goals as well as organizational standards and brand expectations.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout.
- Advise on best practices and optimizations throughout design projects.
- Ensure quality control by reviewing materials for errors and ensure brand consistency.
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video, understanding best practices for using a content management system.
- Develop and utilize process for work management from multiple constituencies.
- 3-5 years of related experience with significant similar responsibilities.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills.
- Extensive experience with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc.
- Ability to design in PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Compensation & Benefits
Pay Range: $81,000.00 - $90,000.00 salary per year. The range listed is one component of the total compensation package for employees.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications will be reviewed as received. In order to be considered, all applications must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications as well as either a link to your portfolio or a or sample of work (3 pieces) to include: Infographic, PowerPoint and something of your choice in addition to your resume. Please Apply Here.The position will remain open until filled.
No telephone calls please.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors celebrates the uniqueness of our staff, our partners, and the communities we serve. We are committed to inclusion with the goal of cultivating a culture of belonging and acceptance. We strive to embed this value in our philanthropic work to advance a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.