Position Title: Content Creator and Manager
Location: New York, NY, Chicago, IL, Flexible
WHO WE ARE
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 110 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
WHOM WE SEEK
We seek a strategic, talented content marketing manager to take full responsibility of our thought leadership dissemination including social media, blogs, partnerships, and PR.
The Content Manager will develop and implement a comprehensive strategy that creates opportunities for RPA’s thought leadership and other content to advance thoughtful and effective philanthropy throughout the world.
- Develop content strategy in collaboration with thought leadership team and other stakeholders to drive measurable results
- Identify opportunities to use RPA’s advisory and fiscal sponsorship work to create content
- Project-manage the content creation and design process, including developing an editorial calendar, delegating tasks, working directly with designers and printers, and ensuring deadlines are met
- Work collaboratively with client-facing staff to develop engaging content, hone approaches, and keep stakeholders informed on an ongoing basis
- Edit, proofread, and improve publications, articles, and posts
- Share content through various channels, ensuring strong web presence, social media presence, and brand awareness; serve as point person for leveraging and sourcing PR opportunities
- Maintain and expand constructive relationships with key partners across philanthropic and adjacent sectors, including but not limited to proposing and coordinating content presented at internal and external events, and other dissemination avenues
- Collaborate with the Events Manger to co-develop and maintain a schedule of external events at which RPA team members will seek a presence
- Pitch and secure opportunities to present expertise and insights externally
- Analyze web traffic metrics and optimize content considering SEO and Google Analytics
- Support other marketing, internal communications, thought leadership, and knowledge management efforts as needed
- Education: BA/BS
- 5+ years of related experience
- Enthusiasm for teamwork; dedication to diversity, integrity, transparency and quality
- Demonstrated content marketing expertise
- Capacity and curiosity for learning and analyzing new fields and topics
- Ability to thrive in and navigate ambiguity
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and organizational skills
- Skilled writer and editor in terms of structure, grammar, messaging, focus, and tone
- Strong solutions orientation, follow-through, and positive outlook
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects concurrently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- High level of competency in project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Experience using a CRM, marketing automation tools, and social media in a professional context
- Experience in a communications, marketing or business development role in philanthropy, consulting, law firm or nonprofit sector strongly desired
- Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors is a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Pay Range: $81,900.00 - $96,000.00 salary per year. The range listed is one component of the total compensation package for employees.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications will be reviewed as received. In order to be considered, all applications must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume. Please Apply Here. The position will remain open until filled.
No telephone calls please.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors celebrates the uniqueness of our staff, our partners, and the communities we serve. We are committed to inclusion with the goal of cultivating a culture of belonging and acceptance. We strive to embed this value in our philanthropic work to advance a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.