Communications Manager (Temporary)
Morgan Stanley Community Affairs is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Communications Manager for the Firm's volunteering campaign and assist with additional efforts of the Community Affairs team.
The candidate will work as a part of the Community Affairs team to execute various programs including the Firm’s Global Volunteer Month campaign. The candidate will liaise with Morgan Stanley internal partners and employees as well as Morgan Stanley’s nonprofit community partners.
This is a full-time, temporary position beginning in February 2020 and ending on August 31, 2020. This position will manage the strategy and execution of the Department’s communications as well as liaise with the broader communication functions of the Firm. This position will work out of Morgan Stanley’s headquarters in New York City.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and Marketing to create and execute multichannel communications plans for all Community Affairs and Morgan Stanley Foundation programs
- Serve as department contact for all internal/external communications and marketing programs; including content for intranet, external website, social media and major media outlets
- Manage execution of communications plans for the Firm’s Global Volunteer Month campaign in close partnership with regional Community Affairs counterparts
- Oversee creation and distribution of all campaign promotional materials -- brochures, posters, program websites, e-mails, and intranet articles
- Facilitate the drafting and sending of internal communications including blastmails, senior leader memos, toolkits, and guides
- Assist in editing external, Global Volunteer Month related communications including press releases, talking points and social media content
- Manage internal JIVE (Firm social media) site and review content for digital and creative collateral
Global Volunteer Month Campaign Support
- Assist employees with the firm’s volunteer website by posting projects, conducting trainings and logging employee volunteer hours
- Execute volunteer projects including volunteer check-in, bus duty, logging hours, and tshirt distribution
- Aid with logistics for on-site and off-site volunteer projects; requires light lifting of boxes and materials (5-15 lbs) and occasional evening hours during June
- Answer Community Affairs hotline and respond to e-mail inquiries from employees and nonprofits
- Assist with ad hoc general campaign support and overall Community Affairs program support
The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and personal qualities:
- BA in related field and 4-7 years of work experience, including experience writing and editing short and long form communication; philanthropy communications experience a strong plus
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and customer service skills with an ability to work across various corporate, nonprofit and public audiences
- Proactive, self-starter and team player with excellent project management and analytical skills
- Strong planning, administrative, and organizational skills; attention to detail a must
- Experience coordinating and executing numerous projects/tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility and ability to deal with changing priorities, manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills (experience with data management and reporting a plus)
- Sense of humor, humility and desire to learn are crucial
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.