Dalio Philanthropies Overview:
Dalio Philanthropies (DP) is the philanthropic arm of the Dalio Family Office, enabling the Dalio family to effect positive change in the world. The family’s diverse philanthropic passions include: Connecticut public education, ocean exploration and awareness, environmental protection, investing in technology access and education, meditation, mental health and wellness, financial inclusion, child welfare and capacity building in China, and community and the arts, among other things.
We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our growing team. This position reports to the Communications Advisor and Directory of Strategy and Operations. In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with the team and leadership to develop and execute our internal and external communications strategy. This will extend beyond Dalio Philanthropies and include other areas of the Dalio Family enterprise. The role requires excellent communications skills, high standards, strong collaboration with internal and external stakeholders (including some interactions with press), meticulous organization, and a deadline driven mentality. This role also affords the opportunity to utilize your creativity, judgment, and project management skills. If you have experience within PR and building as well as executing communications strategies for organizations, this is an opportunity for you to bring your expertise to a strategic level for a mission-driven enterprise.
Day-to-day responsibilities would include a combination of the following:
- Partner with the Communications Advisor & Director of Strategy and Operations to build out the Communications Function for the Family Office and Dalio Philanthropies
- Partner with the Communications Advisor & Director of Strategy and Operations to create, develop, and implement an internal and external communications strategy, including building basic communications processes
- Provide project management and organizational support related to Dalio Philanthropies communications materials
- Coordinate details with external organizers of public appearances and speaking events
- Liaise with internal/external teams regarding DP-related media inquiries
- Manage media and communications for the DFO and Dalio Philanthropies
- Enhance coordination between PR / Comms teams across the organization
- 5+ years of professional working experience in PR or Communications
- Experience in a professional PR/Comm agency is strongly desired
- Strong competencies related to marketing and communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite is a plus
- Experience with various social media platforms and strategies
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. The DFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.