JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
START DATE: MAY 30, 2023 - AUGUST 30, 2023
HOURS: 25-40 HOURS / WEEK
LOCATION: BROOKLYN, NY (FLEXIBLE IN-PERSON & REMOTE WORK)
The John P. & Anne Welsh McNulty Foundation seeks a Communications Coordinator to support the coordination and implementation of communications and marketing activities. This is a paid internship based in Brooklyn, NY with flexible in-person and remote work (including transportation stipend).
The McNulty Foundation is a private family foundation established in 1985. Through its signature program, the McNulty Prize, and other grant programs focused on leadership development, the foundation inspires, develops and drives leaders to solve the most critical challenges of our time. Learn more at www.mcnultyfound.org.
As an intern, you will play a critical role by supporting both immediate and long-term projects, reporting directly to the Program Director and collaborating with the core Foundation team. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in a fast-paced environment dedicated to social change, gain exposure to the philanthropic sector, and contribute to an organization going through a period of growth and expansion.
- manage and drive social media calendar and campaigns
- support the creation and publishing of newsletters, blog posts and updating the website;
- support ongoing projects to build visibility, platforms and media partnerships for the Foundation and its community of grantees and partners;
- assist in preparations for news announcements, coordination with partners and press, and development of promotional and media toolkits
- conduct media and press research and outreach;
- track press coverage and opportunities;
- support the coordination, planning and implementation of special (virtual) events, including managing logistics and support for panel conversations, seminars or other events.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience with website and marketing platforms
- Experience with social media execution
- Excellent logistical, organizational, and project management skills
- The ability to operate efficiently, multitask, manage deadlines and work independently with careful attention to detail
- The ability to work with and respect people of different cultures and viewpoints
- Passion for making a difference; a growth mindset, can-do attitude, versatility, and openness to engaging in a spectrum of work
- A collaborative, independent, curious, and flexible temperament as well as good humor
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter with the email subject ‘Your Name - Communications Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority consideration given to those who apply before April 15, 2023.