The Mother Cabrini Health Foundation (MCHF) was formed in 2018, by the sale of the Legacy Fidelis New York Medicaid Health Plan. MCHF is organized as a New York not-for-profit corporation and as a 501(c)(3) private foundation under the Internal Revenue Code.
MCHF has an asset base of approximately $3.8 billion and an operating budget that includes approximately $140 million in annual grant awards to promote and support programs which seek to improve the health of underserved New Yorkers, bolster the health outcomes of diverse communities, and enhance access to affordable healthcare and healthcare-related services across New York State. Although MCHF operates in accordance with the ethical principles, tenets, and teachings of the Roman Catholic faith, it exists to help New Yorkers of all faiths or no faith at all.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Associate will assist in telling the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation story and in building productive relationships with external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take an active role in the development and execution of objectives that align with the foundation’s communications strategies.
- Support the drafting of internal and external communications including but not limited to news releases, op/eds, letters to the editor, presentations, social media posts, talk points, briefing materials, and other supporting documents.
- Create multimedia content for the company’s intranet and website, including coordination with grantees, agencies, photographers, and videographers.
- Facilitate media interviews with foundation executives.
- Act as foundation spokesperson when needed.
- Coordinate with Community Relations to plan, execute, and publicize external events.
- Track and analyze company-related mentions in traditional and social media.
- Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, advertising, journalism, marketing, or other applicable field.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience working in journalism, public relations, brand management, or related field.
- Prior experience within a media organization, foundation, non-profit, corporation, or public relations agency.
- Exceptional social media, content creation, and planning skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish strongly preferred.
- Experience with WordPress and basic html coding.
- Excellent graphic design skills; Adobe Creative Cloud proficiency.
- Demonstrated success record of engaging and collaborating with internal and external parties in person, via different communications technology (i.e., video conferencing), and social media/digital platforms.
- Experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail, preferably in a startup environment.
- Driven to collaborate, pursue excellence, and achieve positive outcomes.
- Commitment to promoting the mission and values of the MCHF.
MCHF will provide any reasonable accommodation(s) required to perform the essential duties of this role, including working under the following conditions and requirements:
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer.
- Working in a high-rise office environment for all or most of the scheduled workday.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Salary and Benefits:
The Mother Cabrini Health Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package that is commensurate with experience, and equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. The MCHF is committed to diversity and especially encourages members of underrepresented communities to apply.