The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust aspires to improve lives by supporting exceptional efforts in the U.S. and around the world in health and select place-based initiatives. Since beginning its active grantmaking in 2008, Helmsley has committed more than $2 billion for a wide range of charitable purposes. For more information on Helmsley, visit www.helmsleytrust.org.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Communications team. Responsibilities include: managing calendars, making travel arrangements, completing expense reports, coordinating special projects, creating presentations, and other administrative tasks. The successful candidate should be committed to Helmsley’s mission of achieving lasting and measurable results in its areas of interest and share Helmsley’s core values.
- Manage calendars and contacts, schedule meetings and calls
- Prioritize and coordinate schedules on a daily basis
- Answer phone calls and take detailed messages
- Prioritize and submit urgent or time sensitive paperwork for review and signature
- Conduct research on vendors and events
- Coordinate and assist with special projects and presentations for speaking engagements
- Make car, flight, hotel, and conference arrangements
- Produce monthly expense reports and maintain receipt database, requesting receipt copies when necessary
- Represent Helmsley in a polished and professional manner at all times
- Systematically track media hits
- Build and manage new internal photo and video library
- Assist executives and other staff members on an ad hoc basis and perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (minimum 3 years as an administrative assistant)
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong writing, grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic is critical
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign preferred
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with other administrative assistants
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize multiple deadlines
- Event planning experience preferred
- Familiarity with foundations and/or the nonprofit sector a plus
The position is based at Helmsley’s main office in New York City.
Please submit cover letter and resumé (in Word or PDF format) at http://www.helmsleytrust.org/jobs-helmsley. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.