Position Title: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
Reports To: President of the Foundation
The CFO/AO oversees all financial and administrative activities of the organization, including financial and investment management, accounting, budgeting, human resources, contracting, information technology, grants management, office management, regulatory compliance, legal matters, and administrative matters associated with Board documents, materials and minutes. The CFO/AO works collaboratively with program and administrative staff to assure the smooth and cost-effective use of the Foundation’s resources. The position reports directly to the President of the Foundation and works directly with the Finance and Audit Committee of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. The CFO/AO supervises the Foundation’s administrative staff, including but not limited to the Controller and Grants Manager/Accounting staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance and Accounting
- Oversees all aspects of the Foundation’s financial management including accounting functions, financial and cash flow management, banking practices, financial reporting to the President and Board, and the annual audit process. Responsible for implementing audit recommendations and CEO/Board instructions associated with all accounting, investment, HR and financial matters.
- Coordinates all accounting activity. Reviews and monitors all financial transactions, including bank statement reconciliations, contracts, investment performance documents, monthly financial statements and petty cash reconciliations.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls, systems, and procedures.
- Prepares financial analyses and data for President and Board to track and report financial activities and status of funds
- Manages cash flow, ensuring sufficient balances for grants, personnel and administrative costs.
- Oversees management of the Foundation’s investment portfolio and monitors investment payout calculations by gathering total portfolio performance from investment advisors and calculating individual account performance and monthly valuations. Creates monthly reports of investment performance for review by the Board’s Finance Committee.
- Works closely with the Finance Committee to ensure appropriate management of funds, including implementation of Board-approved investment plans, procedures, fund transfers and payouts.
- Conducts research, compiles and prepares financial reports; produces budget forecast and cash flow statements; conducts cost/benefit analyses; and prepares annual operating budget for Board approval.
- Monitors annual program and operating budgets and manages budget process to control expenses.
- Oversees grants management processes and works with program staff to ensure that grants management data base, tracking systems and fund distributions are accurate, timely and in accordance with established standards. Prepares payout schedules for Board review.
Human Resources Management
- Maintains human resources policies and practices consistent with the Foundation’s needs, values and legal requirements.
- Manages the selection process, implementation and administration of benefit plans through outside vendors and ensures that administration of plans adheres to all legal requirements.
- Conducts research and prepares documents culling annual salary surveys to manage salary expenditures and provide salary adjustment recommendations to the President and Board of Directors.
- Develops and executes cost-effective recruitment and selection of new staff, as needed.
- Oversees staff review and performance management process.
Legal, Regulatory and Contracting
- Oversees contracting practices; negotiates and executes consulting and service contracts related to administration and finance and executes program-related consulting contracts at the request of the President.
- Ensures that all activities and functions are carried out in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal regulations and laws, and ensures that all necessary filings and reporting are completed in an accurate and timely basis.
Office Management and Administration
- Responsible for management information and communications systems, including IT, hardware, software, policies, procedures, and management of IT consultants.
- Oversees office and property management, equipment and supply procurement, filing and insurance needs.
- Oversees logistics for Board meetings and preparation of Board materials; drafts Board minutes for review by President and Board Secretary.
- BA degree, MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively responsible experience as a manager with primary responsibility in financial management, accounting, HR, and operations, preferably in private foundations.
- Demonstrated knowledge, strong ability, and expertise in managing all aspects of the Foundation’s financial and administrative duties, including but not limited to accounting systems, financial planning and analysis, oversight of investment portfolio, development and monitoring of operational and grants budgets, legal matters, IT systems, human resources/benefits systems and procedures.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with the Foundation’s Board of Directors, and act upon Board instructions in a timely and effective manner.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a small team and is willing to assist staff in carrying out duties and tasks. Prioritizes the importance of treating fellow staff and all who interact with the Foundation with the highest levels of integrity and respect.
- Eagerness to take on new assignments, as needed, with flexibility and good cheer while meeting all deadlines and responsibilities for ongoing workload.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity, personal modesty, sense of humor and a strong commitment to the Foundation’s core values, culture and mission.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Charles H. Revson Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please send resume, cover letter and writing sample to Azade Ardali at AArdali@revsonfoundation.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.