Position Title Associate
Location New York, San Francisco, or Chicago
Who We Are
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations, and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family's legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world's largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA also serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 80 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
Who We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic, self-starter that has passion for RPA’s mission and values, and a commitment to excellence. The individual must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and command a strong attention to detail. This person must be curious, committed to exceptional client service and enjoy problem solving, and have an appreciation for the work of non-profit organizations. Candidate should demonstrate commitment to RPA’s values of integrity, diversity, quality and trust.
The Associate has overall responsibility for providing administrative support to the team, and assisting with research, presentations, program implementation and the development and administration of selected grantmaking services. The Associate takes project-specific direction from senior staff as appropriate. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate meeting logistics including scheduling and the preparation of minutes, notes, presentations and meeting materials
- Respond to inquiries from clients and nonprofits as directed
- Collaborate with program staff to prepare presentations, reports, memos and dockets
- Review and/or assist in the development of proposals, client deliverables, and other kinds of products to support business development, client services, and marketing
- In coordination with Grants Administration, perform grants management functions, including tracking proposals, high level due diligence, generation of award letters and grant agreements, and the monitoring of process and flow for assigned grants
- Develop formats and produce grant, budget and project reports from database for internal and external audiences
- Conduct research and analysis on issues, grantmaking strategies, and organizations as assigned
- Participate in and support RPA-wide initiatives that further RPA’s mission
Education: B.S./B.A. and graduate work or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years professional experience in nonprofit sector, preferably in a grantmaking entity.
- Demonstrated written, verbal and analytical skills; background in research methods
- Familiarity with non-profit sector or grantmaking practices
- Computer proficiency, particularly Office suite and database management
- Commitment to accuracy and high level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task and prioritize work
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Experience with project management helpful
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement and access to professional development resources.
Applications, which will be reviewed as received, must include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume and your salary history. Please Apply Here. Position open until filled.
No telephone calls, please.
RPA is an equal opportunity employer.