Robertson Foundation | Analyst, Education
- Do you have a track record of intellectual rigor and academic achievement?
- Are you curious about the purpose of education and how it relates to education in practice?
- Are you able to withhold judgment, remain humble at all times and open yourself up to inquiry, challenge, and change?
- Do you read voraciously across a range of resources?
- Would you like to learn about the role philanthropy can play in improving K-12 public education?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you to apply to the Robertson Foundation for a full-time position on our team.
The Robertson Foundation: The Robertson Foundation is a private, family-led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the family’s values. At present, the Robertson Foundation is predominantly focused on grantmaking in medical sciences, environment and climate, and public education improvement. In its grantmaking, the Robertson Foundation seeks to optimize the potential impact of its grants.
The Position: Education Analysts will provide dynamic and varied support to the Education Program Director, and contribute to multiple and diverse projects across the Portfolio’s development and grantmaking activities. This position is an ideal opportunity for an individual seeking philanthropic exposure, who is committed to building knowledge and to excellence in education for all students.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge development: Conducting, reviewing and synthesizing research; actively contributing to the portfolio in building knowledge of existing research; efficiently and effectively producing concise and insightful internal and external communications.
- Grants management and support: Effectively working with Portfolio leadership across multiple grants; reviewing grantee information and data; communicating with grantees to collect and analyze qual/quant data in an effort to complete and maintain the Foundation’s core records, and promote grantee impact.
Background and characteristics of strong candidates:
- B.A. minimum, and 2-3 years of relevant work experience and/or recent post-graduate experience
- Strong interest in K-12 education
- Excellent written, oral communication and research skills
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail in all matters
- Demonstrated interest in the Foundation’s grant-making approach and areas of funding
- A sense of humor
Compensation: The position is full-time; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at email@example.com. Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.
The Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.